This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I Be The Problem?

It's my glorious week off of work. Yay. Granted, it's only been one shift I've been gone so far.

I texted the bf a couple of times, once on his first break last night, and then this morning when I got up for a bit.

Apparently, when I'm not there, CL isn't yelling and screaming as much, and ET has to work alone, so she's not bullying and yelling at anyone to do her work for her or overly-critiquing anyone else if they get sent over to help her.

I brought up "Do you think maybe all of this time I'm the real problem and not them?"

Of course, the bf said "How can you even say that? You're NOT the problem! Why would you even think that?"

I just argued back (before I fell back asleep) that if CL is only moderately annoying and rude when I'm gone, instead of code red, and ET is more calm and less Simon Cowell on painkillers.....maybe I really am the problem.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

blas, my argument against that would be that if CL and/or ET have issues with you, it is up to them to discuss the matter with you and not deal with it by screaming, yelling and micro-managing. (Among other things, if they do have issues with you, how can they expect you to do your share of fixing the problem if you don't know what it is??)

Also, you don't know what else may or may not be going on there or in their personal lives (you did say ET has to work alone, so that doesn't leave her with too many people to bully, LOL).

I'd agree with bf on this.

Comment

That's the only way they know how to do their jobs

ET used to be a friend. Then got promoted to a trainer (oh, huge deal...not) and got on this power trip that she's above everyone and knows everything. It's so hilarious when she questions herself on every decision she makes. They trained me with her so she wouldn't have to be alone, codeword being, she just wanted to sit on her ass and make me do the work so every 5 minutes she could sqwack "BLAS! BLAS! BLAS!" and expect me to drop everything. I absolutely refuse, and try to make her see how stupid she is, by when she yells at me from a long way away, I pretend to ignore her until she walks her fat ass over, or if she just keeps yelling I just keep going "What?" until she gets so mad she walks her fat ass over.

I guess I probably don't help but I'm not going to be treated like a moron, a dog, or a slave. Probably digging my own hole, but I am waiting for either one of those two witches to go complain about me first. I've complained and gotten nowhere, and was told everything is just my own problem.

CL has always been psychotic.

Bf keeps saying to ignore them. You simply CANNOT ignore someone who is always watching you, or yelling at you. You can't.

Comment

I think you're the problem in that the jealousy of other women is involved. Does that mean you're doing anything wrong to provoke this? Emphatically, NO. What are you supposed to do? Gain 50 lbs and scar your face up, so they don't feel insecure? We can talk all day about work ethic or whatever, but for you, the common denominator in these situations is probably that you're smart and pretty. So you will probably run into this your whole life. Sorry you have to deal with this. It's not fun.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Aw, you're too sweet. I'm not smart at all. I'm just more mechanically/technically inclined than they are, which doesn't say a hell of a lot because I'm not that great with computers or tools. I know enough to do my job, even though they are above me, neither of them seem to be able to do that even!

Comment

Blas, it isn't you. Granted we only hear your side, but you've also explained in great detail the rampant favoritism and bullying that goes on in your workplace. Let's face it, this is attention-seeking behavior. Like it or not, they get a reaction from you and no amount of avoiding them or ignoring their antics will make them think otherwise. If you were no longer around, I guarantee they'd eventually find someone else to spaz at.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

They do. I have another "half". Another girl just like me, a little older and a lot more loose-lipped than me. The best part is, whenever the bullies go after her, all she has to do is let out something sarcastic or blonde sounding.....and it's like something jams their already empty heads so much, they can't process it, and walk away. Lately I've been doing the same, the closer I get to not having to pay rent anymore.

My boyfriend keeps telling me I need to work on my "You're retarded, go away" Look. Which I don't really naturally have

But, I will nevertheless try it. Never hurts to try something new.

Comment

I like your "other half's" solution. Nothing like hoisting idiots on their own petards.

And it may indeed be "the only way they know how to do their jobs" but it still doesn't excuse their behaviour, and it definitely doesn't excuse management's refusal to deal with it.

Comment

Just imagine that they are some annoying smelly creep trying to pick up on you at the bar, use the same tone of voice you would with such a person and say "Do you mind, I'm trying to be productive here?"
                  Meeeeoooow.....
                  Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

I agree that they're nervous around you because you're attractive, and because you're competent and are, therefore, competition.

I ran into that a lot in my salad days. There's not much you can do about it.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                    X