This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guests could not park where they were told to park

This incident happened on Thursday during the 2nd shift.

Visitor parking was reserved all day. The reserved event for the second shift was for many VIP's & their guests. The first level of Visitor parking *where visitors park* & the second level op visitor parking *contract parking; where university employees park* was used for the for the event. 100 parking spots were paid for, but only 40 people arrived. According to the university parking office, this was a very impt. event. My co-worker was told not to let anyone else park there.

Many guests, who belonged to a math, science & engineering program at the university, began arriving for an orientation held at the university. But...my co-worker was not informed of this event, & the parking office was not aware of this event. The guests received information in the mail from the dept. over the orientation stating to park in the lot across the street from the Visitor parking booth. But...that lot was not blocked off for those guests. So when they arrived, that lot was full. They wanted to park in Visitor parking, but could not. My co-worker called the parking office to find out if they knew anything about the event & was old no, they did not. When he saw the parking enforcement guy pull up to the area where the Visitor parking booth is located, he asked him if knew anything about the event. The parking enforcement guy said no, & so he called the university police chief to see if he was aware of the event & where they could park. The university police chief told him he was not aware of the event nor what the parking arrangements were. So my co-worker had to direct every guest here for that event to other parking near the campus. Some of the guests were not happy. One male guest insisted on parking because the lot across the street, where all of the guests were supposed to park, was full. He was on his side, but his hands were tied.

Then on Friday during my shift a hispanic couple drove up to the Visitor parking booth. The driver told me they were here to go to the 9th floor *where the university President's office is* & that his lawyer was behind him. I asked my co-worker when he get to work if any hispanic guests arrived for that event. He said several did. I wonder if that couple were part of that event on Thursday.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 06-09-2012, 09:48 PM.
Working...
X