This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone for only 4 months

So I resigned from my retail job in January. I was going on maternity leave and I honestly just did not want to come back. The company had treated me horribly for about a year and half, so when I got a chance to jump ship I did and boy was it a good thing I did!

I talked to a former employee last night and she said that so much has changed since I have left (actually this happened back in March/April but I only just found out about it). The store manager was transferred to another store with no reason given. The person they hired to replace her is supposedly an idiot. The girl who was a manager with me hauled out of there and found another job (this girl quit college because she loved working at this store so much!) The person they hired to replace me is a nut job, supposedly she is on all kids of medications and is just plain weird.The sales associates that were there when I left, hardly work anymore, and they were really good employees. But here is the icing on the cake, the store, which is in a very good area of town, was robbed at gun point in May, while customers were in the store! He locked everyone in the back room took what he wanted and has never been caught. The best part is when I asked my former employee why it was never on the news, she said the company didn't want it getting out! Gee I wonder why this idiot hasn't been caught.

Hearing all of this crap, makes me so thankful for my new job that is far far away from retail!
    "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Glad you got outta there and in a non-retail job!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
    X