This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
    Yes, people do expect Whoppers at McDonalds.
    McDonalds does serve up Whoppers - a typical one being "Fried tastes better than flame broiled".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
      McDonalds does serve up Whoppers - a typical one being "Fried tastes better than flame broiled".
      But Elisabeth Shue promised me otherwise...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FtgV6oOzrs

Comment

• Inspired by a few customers who were very slowly browsing through the library's DVD section this afternoon........some days I wish I was allowed to ask customers to move out of the way for a few minutes so I could finish shelving in a particular section.

Comment

• *posting this here because some of these people were "customers" of a sort when I worked in the church office*

When you are sending me requests to be placed on the "Prayer Chain List", please try to be clear with names and situations. Also, please keep in mind that if someone was a member of one of the other churches which my church merged with, I am not necessarily going to know who that person is. (not trying to sound picky, it just makes things less confusing)

Comment

• I know you're not listening to me, but are you even listening to yourself? "I've just read the sign that says nothing is running tomorrow, does that mean nothing's running tomorrow?"
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• You question my ability to help you, then get mad when I leave to find my manager to deal with your ass? You said you wanted someone else (whether he'll help you past re-explaining what I just did is another matter).

No, we don't carry muesli; getting in my face and speaking slowly is not going to change that fact. Yes, I know what it is. We have oats and various grains over there and some dried fruit in the candy section, that's the closest you'll get.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Please use the right words. There's 4 main products we offer and their names indicate which one you need. They are not synonyms nor are they interchangeable. If you ask for one thing by product name then describe one of the other products, at best you're slowing yourself down and at worst you could end up seriously out of pocket!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                  *posting this here because some of these people were "customers" of a sort when I worked in the church office*

When you are sending me requests to be placed on the "Prayer Chain List", please try to be clear with names and situations. Also, please keep in mind that if someone was a member of one of the other churches which my church merged with, I am not necessarily going to know who that person is. (not trying to sound picky, it just makes things less confusing)
                  Having been the newbie at several churches in my life due to frequent moves, one of my biggest pet peeves is when there are announcements and we are told to talk to "Marilyn" about whatever activity or program will be taking place rather than "There is a sign-up sheet in the narthex and 'Marilyn' will contact with details."

I'm new and I don't have a clue who "Marilyn" is. Obviously, you don't really want anyone new to keep coming back, or at least not to come to your semi-secret conclave.

Another I have is making changes to the service schedule with only an announcement in the bulletin. They have no clue if someone is new in town and is planning to come after checking out the website. I actually showed up once for my first Sunday and had no way of knowing that they had decided to ignore DST. I was there an hour early and had shown up for Bible study.

Comment

• Our system look-up runs off your name and/or ID#. You want to use our service but don't want to give me your name or ID#. Stomping your feet and huffing won't change the rules.
                    Also, how creepy and suspicious is it that you won't give me your name?

Comment

• Quoth Captain Neon View Post
                      I'm new and I don't have a clue who "Marilyn" is. Obviously, you don't really want anyone new to keep coming back, or at least not to come to your semi-secret conclave.
                      I went to a new church once, to find the front door locked!! Someone unlocked it and let me in, and several people said, 'Oh, we never unlock that door. Everybody knows to come in by the side door'.
                      Ah. I guess they don't want new people, then. I found another church, one that actually unlocks their front door on Sunday morning.
                      Last edited by EricKei; 02-03-2017, 12:35 AM. Reason: Just...trim it a little ;)

Comment

• Your expensive part tests out fine and actually right on target. I can't give you a new one. Not only can I not resell this part that you have installed and used for the past year, but giving you another one will not fix what is actually wrong with your vehicle: probably poor electrical connections. Where? There is over a mile of wire in your vehicle. With all of the symptoms you are describing, it could be several things. Shops charge $100/hr here to diagnose and fix, and ASE-certified mechanics get $30/hr. I'm a part-time guy working making <$10/hr. I'm here to look things up on a computer, pull said item number provided by computer from shelf, and take your payment. If I could fix your car, I would be working for $30/hr at the shop and not $10/hr. Please stop calling asking me for suggestions.

Comment

• For the 4539th time: We do not carry premade salad dressings. We have oil over there, vinegar over there, spice mixes thataway and I'm sure you can Google some recipes on that device your nose is currently glued to.

No, staring at me and repeating the question S L O W L Y is not going to make the answer change. It is, however, going to make my supervisor suggest you leave because you are harassing his staff.

(WTF is it with our customers?!)
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            (WTF is it with our customers?!)
                            That's what I was wondering when I read this post. Your customers are amazingly rude and condescending.

I can count the ones who treated me like that on the fingers of one hand (there were many other rude ones, just not the really special variety you seen to have.)

Of course, I've never worked in an upper-scale store like yours. Perhaps all those expensive spices are interfering with their...well, heck. I've got nothing.

Except for sympathy, of course. I don't think I'd have a job left after the third person who talked s l o w l y to be sure that I was able to understand. Or maybe the second.

Not the first because I'd have been so gobsmacked that I wouldn't have been able to do anything but repeat my previous answer.

Comment

• Nah, not the spices. It's the money. They have more than you, therefore they are better people than you. (This likely has its roots in the whole "prosperity gospel" thing--if you're in with God, you'll get rewarded in this life too, so if you're rich you must be a good person.)
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Some people should just be shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X