This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Minflick View Post
    Good eggnog is yummy, but I've never had a commercial brand that tasted anything but foul. Last year we made Alton Brown's version, and it was pretty harsh last year, but THIS year it was lovely.... I had a large glass of it! It sat is a very large glass jar all year, mellowing.
    Have you made a large jar for next year?
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

2000-02

- single guest, wants 5 additional pillows to the ones already in the room

- always free breakfast, not during breakfast hours

- to call a guest if we ever got a pool, he would call every 6 months to make sure

- rooms back then could only be reserved 9 months in advanced. Multiple people during the summer trying to re-book for next summer. (I started taking down information and putting it in first come first serve basis)

- MOAR COTS/PILLOWS/TOWELS/ETC ETC

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
        Have you made a large jar for next year?
        Not yet. DD#3 made it, so I imagine she'll do another one. Takes a lot of fridge space, however...

Comment

Christmas decorations in the lobby set up to their specific wishes.

New Years Eve parties complete with free champagne.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

More toilet paper after they threw theirs off the balcony to make NYE streamers. Should have told them we were all out.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              There's some VERY expensive coffee that smells like shit. That's because it IS shit (civet cat shit).
              Lol, bought some in the Philippines six years ago. At $85/lb it better have been the best coffee I ever had! (It really was).

For some reason I keep thinking of that scene in one of the Austin Powers movies where they're (for some reason) percolating Fat Bastard's poop in some scientific contraption. Not paying attention, Austin pours himself a cup and drinks it (ewwww).

http://https://youtu.be/NxD2VmZiLJ0

Comment

Speaking of unreasonable demands,

Yes, we have terrible customer service because I don't personally carry a lighter. To add insult to injury, I had the audacity to direct you to a convenience store within walking distance where you can pick one up. No, telling me you're complaining to a manager in the morning won't automatically make a lighter appear. Why are you still standing at the desk? What else do you need? Oh, you just want to complain about the lighter some more.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Yes, we have terrible customer service because I don't personally carry a lighter.
                  I'm too green to burn. (too cool, too young to smoke,)

Comment

I'm always getting people asking for a lighter, to which my reply is always "sorry, I don't smoke." Last week, someone then asked if I had any matches instead... I'm not sure what possible (legal) reason someone would carry matches if they don't smoke?!
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Well I don't smoke and I do keep matches at home. We have a gas stove and while it has a click lighter (sorry I don't know the real name for that mechanism), if the power went out we'd have to use a match to light it. Also for emergency / romance candles and to burn ends of my beading cord so it doesn't unravel.

I don't carry fire-making materials around with me though.

Comment

I carry a classic Bic lighter around in my daily carry bag - sort of a survival thing. Living in the snowy states, if you get stranded in the ass end of nowhere, I can at least build a shelter and use a fire for heat to survive. And I can offer a companionable light for smokers.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

A friend who was traveling with me and who was a smoker at the time knocked on my motel room door and asked if I had any matches. I told her, "Sorry, you'll have to rub two sticks together." We tried not to laugh too loud.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            I carry a classic Bic lighter around in my daily carry bag - sort of a survival thing. Living in the snowy states, if you get stranded in the ass end of nowhere, I can at least build a shelter and use a fire for heat to survive. And I can offer a companionable light for smokers.
                            I still have a few Bics around here just in case, but I don't carry one in my purse since I switched to vaping.

And I can't keep them in the little bin inside my desk at work anymore either - they grow legs and walk.

So unless you've got your own light, you are SOL with me.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I am a smoker. I carry a bic in my pocket where its safe. Smokers tend to be habit driven lighter thieves. (Lighters are like pens, you just pocket them after using them.

If I lend a lighter to a co-worker who is going on break, I ask for it back. If I am out in the smoking area and allow someone to use my lighter, I watch their hands and ask for it back after it has been pocketed.

The idea that a someone should routinely buy pens or lighters with their own money just to give away used to be surprising. Not so much anymore.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                                I am a smoker. I carry a bic in my pocket where its safe. Smokers tend to be habit driven lighter thieves. (Lighters are like pens, you just pocket them after using them.

If I lend a lighter to a co-worker who is going on break, I ask for it back. If I am out in the smoking area and allow someone to use my lighter, I watch their hands and ask for it back after it has been pocketed.

The idea that a someone should routinely buy pens or lighters with their own money just to give away used to be surprising. Not so much anymore.
                                lighter leashes would prevent it from growing legs lol

Comment

Working...
                                X