This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $50 for a room? How about, no.

Guest comes in and asks about a half day rate. We don't have a half day rate. It's all or nothing. What I wish I said is in parentheses.

SC: Can you do it for $50
    Me: I'm sorry, but $94 is the best I can do.
    SC: Wouldn't you rather have $50 than let the room go empty?
    Me: (Not really. The profit margin kinda sucks and makes it not worth it.) I'm afraid $94 is the lowest I can do.
    SC: Guess I'll go somewhere else.
    Me: OK. (Door's to your left.)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I love that line, "Guess I'll go somewhere else"

As if they really expect you to drop to your knees and cry "No! Please don't go we neeeeeeeeed you!"

Comment

I swear, there are times one can negotiate but this isn't one of them!

Cheapass sucktomers and the crap they hear from so-called "experts" on negotiation...

Comment

The last time I paid a price like this for a hotel room, it was a shitty room to boot. Air conditioning rattled, bathroom was half assed decent, and you didn't care walk around barefoot in the room.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
          I love that line, "Guess I'll go somewhere else"

As if they really expect you to drop to your knees and cry "No! Please don't go we neeeeeeeeed you!"
          If I didn't hug you when you came in the door, I won't cry as you go out of it....
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Yea there's this place in crackton that has rooms by the hour.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              SC: Wouldn't you rather have $50 than let the room go empty?
              Me: (Not really. The profit margin kinda sucks and makes it not worth it.)
              Right? I mean, the empty room is at least clean. If you rent to this special snowflake, then you have to pay someone to clean the room, wash the linens, replace the little shampoo bottles, etc. Of course, this guy doesn't care about that, he's the almighty customer!

My dad does electrical wholesale, on the front desk. Most of his customers are buying supplies for a whole building, or multiple buildings. He has a dollar amount, and if he sells less than that dollar amount, he loses the company money. He can and does send people away if they're going to waste his time. He tells me people are completely dumbfounded that he can refuse to sell to them, and direct them to a more appropriate store, like Home Depot.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Were you tempted to point out to SC that an empty room is a guaranteed QUIET room, as well as a room that doesn't have to be cleaned the next day ... ?
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

If I didn't hug you when you came in the door, I won't cry as you go out of it....
                  I LOVE THIS LINE!!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Some of the places I've worked have done half day rates, but only when we have no prospect of selling out. We can also sometimes do it for the Cubic Zirconia members when we're a bit closer to full but NO WAY is it going to be offered on a sold-out night.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

We only do a half day rate when they check in early morning and plan to stay the next day. Rather than making them wait until 3pm, we offer the chance to check in early for an extra $40. This was not the case in the OP since he was going to check out the same day.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I can't count the number of times I've had a similar conversation at work. My favorite way to respond:

Me: It's $80 a night.
                        Them: I'll give you $50.
                        Me: Great! Now we just need to find someone to pay the other $30 and we'll be in business!
                        Last edited by Mriswith; 01-02-2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Lol. I don't usually get hagglers in the petrol station, but in the pet store there was always one who'd try and knock down a product, get pissy when I told them the price was not going to change, then the flounce out the store with the declaration that they were going elsewhere. Hey SC, I don't actually care. I get paid whatever happens, so you going elsewhere doesn't have me crying myself to sleep. Especially since I know that since our prices as a whole are cheaper than our rival store, you'll be back tomorrow as usual.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I get hagglers all the damn time blah blah I only want it for a few hours! WHat do you think we're in Vegas and we sell by the hour? GTFO and don't come back! Fuck hagglers. Either pay or get out. Prices are set and final. Do you think we're a car dealership? I could go on for days but I won't.
                            Our prices are set by the sales manager and the GM. Nowadays, since business is slow, our prices our down by 40%, which attract the partygoers byt he DOZENSSSS. FML why do they always do this someone shoot me plz
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                              The last time I paid a price like this for a hotel room, it was a shitty room to boot. Air conditioning rattled, bathroom was half assed decent, and you didn't care walk around barefoot in the room.
                              I paid about that for one in the middle of nowhere....well a town without much more than a junction in the interstate with fast food restaurants and a filling station. The room was fine.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X