This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want it but I want it!

I didn't even know there were people this stupid out there but I guess now I know better. This woman was upset at us because apparently she'd been paying insurance all these months and hadn't wanted that on her bill. Not our fault she missed it for so long, but no biggie, we can credit the last two months and cancel it right now.

Of course this wouldn't be that easy.

She wants a credit for ALL the months but not only that, she also wants us to LEAVE the insurance on for a day or two after we do so she can make a claim on a damaged device.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Look lady, this is a binary problem. Either you have insurance or you don't. You can take the credit or you can file a claim, you can't have both and I don't care what kind of magical fairytale logic you throw at me to try and convince me otherwise.

He couldn't, he didn't...he did

This is more of a cursing out coworkers story but it has a healthy dose of SC too. Guy calls up because he added a line last month and there was a $450 deposit added on to it. He very smugly states that he should NOT have to pay the deposit because a previous rep told him he wouldn't have to.

Deposits are a credit risk thing. If you have a crappy credit, we take a deposit before we let you open a line. There's no flexibility on this policy. If there's a deposit, you HAVE TO PAY IT NO MATTER WHAT. <Red checkmark stores> can occasionally get a deposit waived, but we phone jockeys don't have that power.

So Captain Smugness continues on his tirade and, just to be thorough, I glance at the account notes and astonishingly, some numpty coworker of mine has noted that we are indeed to credit this guys $450 deposit.

*record scratch*

That's over my limit for credits so I need to bring in another manager who basically said "Hell no, we're not doing that!"

I then explain to the customer the previous rep made a mistake and despite the notes, that deposit ain't going anywhere. He chose to cancel the line and return the phone so at least the numpty rep got his commission torched in the process.

BUT IT SHOULD BE THERE!!

I seem to have encountered an epidemic of customers lately freaking out because their phone doesn't always show LTE.

Can you make calls? Yep.
    Can you send text messages? Yep.
    Do you notice a slowdown in your data speed? Nope.

THEN WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION???? Okay, so the little LTE in the top corner of your screen disappears sometimes, welcome to the wonderful world of wireless. Now if you'll excuse me, I have people with actual problems I have to deal with.

One of these things is not like the other...

Lady says she wants to report us to the FCC because her neighbor, who also uses our network, has consistent LTE and she doesn't.

She's using a low end smartphone that retails for about $70 and her neighbor has a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Gee...I wonder what the problem could be???

This must be the same kind of person who thinks something is terribly wrong because her Ford Mustang can't go as fast as her friends Porsche.

So yeah, lady, you buy a phone that costs TEN PERCENT of what your neighbors does, you're not going to have as good an experience. No conspiracy, just a complete failure of logic and common sense.

How to get hung up on real fast

Call me a f**king ugly s**tpile with rotting teeth.

WE ARE NOT YAHOO!

So you might have heard awhile back that Yahoo suffered not one, but two major security breaches. Since that time, we have been inundated with calls from people wanting to reset their yahoo passwords or change settings on their yahoo accounts, etc.

For those who may not be aware, Yahoo has awful customer service. In fact, they barely have customer service at all. There's no phone support, the only way to reach them is by email and even then you have to sign in and jump through some hoops before you actually find the form.

As a result, people wind up calling us to try and deal with some of this crap and of course, we have no more access or ability to help than they do because - surprise! - we aren't Yahoo. Instead of wasting time with Yahoo why not get a Google account and be done with it?

Dr. Who you are not

Customer is upset that we apparently put them on the wrong plan...14 months ago.

And of course he wants a credit for ALL those months he was on the "wrong plan". Cue my usual spiel about how customers are responsible for checking to make sure the charges on the bill are correct and if you just go ahead and blindly pay it for months that is NOT our problem.

Then cue him cussing me out and saying he's going to go to Death Star wireless because we are "screwing" him.

I want it all and I want it now

This guy was a real piece of work. He calls me up and says he wants my company to meet the following demands:

1) A $1000 account credit
    2) Brand new phones for every line on his account, at no charge of course.
    3) A guarantee a new cell tower will be built in his area as soon as possible.
    4) A check for $500 for the money he claims we are "overcharging" him on service fees
    5) A phone call from the VP of Customer Service to discuss all of his frustations with our company.

Oh and he wants this all done in a week or he's going to the FCC, the BBB and his Attorney.

After I was done laughing hysterically and picked up myself up off the floor I told him he woudn't be getting any of those things. We could discuss an account credit, maybe ONE phone and I could see about a tower request for him but no way I could guarantee it.

Nope, not good enough for Mr. Big shot. He's going to go ahead and file his regulatory complaints and of course he's going to get me fired too, because that's just how this goes.

Good luck with that dude!

I know I have a Rocket Ship around here somewhere

You'd almost think people are going to shrivel up and die if they don't have their phones on them 24/7/365. Recently I've had a rash of customers where even our two business day or less priority shipping option is NOT ACCEPTABLE!.

I should also mention here that we do not charge customers for this lovely option. You'd think they'd be thrilled, but nope.

1) They want it overnighted
    2) They want to go pick it up at a store
    3) One numbskull actually demanded that I personally go pick up the phone and drive it to him (he was one state over from me) so he would have it that day.

I am so sorry folks, you're just going to have to wait. Surely you can find some way to keep yourself occupied without a cellphone. There's this wonderful place called "outside" that has so many possibilities!

And that ends another several weeks of madness. More to come I'm sure.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 01-04-2017, 03:32 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

What is so terribly wrong with I Want It All guy? Something awful must have happened to require all that payment. (Yeah, I know, he was insane, but I'm curious.)

Comment

I could never do your job. I can barely read the posts...

I know I've said it before but, here's how you get a credit from Red Checkmark. Have a problem, call, the poor rep doesn't know how to fix it. Get bill, call, it doesn't get fixed. This goes on for months. The reps note that we called about this issue. Eventually a rep knows how to fix it, fixes it, sees the notes, and gives credit starting from the first month we tried to fix it. Notice the difference? Oh, right. We tried to get it fixed, like responsible adults, instead of conveniently not noticing and then throwing a tantrum.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Dr. Who you are not

Customer is upset that we apparently put them on the wrong plan...14 months ago.

And of course he wants a credit for ALL those months he was on the "wrong plan". Cue my usual spiel about how customers are responsible for checking to make sure the charges on the bill are correct and if you just go ahead and blindly pay it for months that is NOT our problem.

Then cue him cussing me out and saying he's going to go to Death Star wireless because we are "screwing" him.
        Did you remind him to check his new bill so that this doesn't happen again? That would be good customer service, after all...
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Please tell us that the idiot rep who authorized the $450 deposit waver will get called on the carpet for overstepping their authority...

Comment

Surely you can find some way to keep yourself occupied without a cellphone. There's this wonderful place called "outside" that has so many possibilities!
            The original Mechwarrior computer game (late '80s/early '90s) has in the manual under "Save Game" If you want to check out of reality and enter a simulation of 20th-century Earth life choose Save Game. You'll be asked to enter a name for your "saved game". This will effect the storing of all current data on your career, and you can use the same name as your "password" when you want to return to the reality of the 30th century, just the way you left it.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
              What is so terribly wrong with I Want It All guy?

He's just a bad nut. The squirrels will probably be throwing him down the garbage chute soon.

Comment

1) They want it overnighted
                If they wanted to pay shipping, could that be an option? I could see how it could possibly be necessary for someone to have a phone overnighted to them.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I'm a landline rep and I haven't dealt with customers in a looooong time - yay for being help desk - but this sounds terribly familiar to me. :P I remember someone calling in because she'd had a long distance plan for a year and hadn't used it and wanted me to credit the whole year. Yeah, not happening.

I also had someone call in because she'd been double charged for her base line since install, for a year. She'd only realized there was a problem when a friend pointed it out. Because that's a base rate charge, we DO have to credit it for up to four years. I was losing my will to live by the end of it - not because of the customer but because of applying 12 separate credits - but in the end, she got quite a refund!

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                    What is so terribly wrong with I Want It All guy? Something awful must have happened to require all that payment.
                    Why do I have the sense that you said the magic word, Shyla: payment? Was it that IWIA was required to pay for the service?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

About the LTE folks: could they just be worried there's a problem? I am pathetically ignorant about the workings of my cellphone (then again, I rarely use it); if I saw some kind of little symbol up there all the time, and then suddenly it vanished, I'd probably wonder if it was something to be worried about as well.
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        Please tell us that the idiot rep who authorized the $450 deposit waver will get called on the carpet for overstepping their authority...
                        To steal line from the Magic 8 Ball: All signs point to yes.

I sent a VERY sternly worded email to his manager about this particular fiasco and I got a short and to the point response which stated: "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will be addressing it IMMEDIATELY."

So yeah, no messing around going on that one.

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        About the LTE folks: could they just be worried there's a problem? I am pathetically ignorant about the workings of my cellphone (then again, I rarely use it); if I saw some kind of little symbol up there all the time, and then suddenly it vanished, I'd probably wonder if it was something to be worried about as well.
                        Well yes, but ideally when they call and speak to someone like me and get told that's perfectly normal and so long as data speeds don't slow significantly or there's a sudden spike in dropped calls, that should be the end of it. The SCs in question REFUSE TO LET IT GO and act like nothing in their world will be right if they don't see those precious three letters on their display.

As for I Want It Now Guy:

1) The demands were INCREDIBLY UNREASONABLE
                        2) He was one of those people who expected their wireless service and phones to work absolutely flawlessly in any and all circumstances and, as such, any problems with them were obviously some kind of failure on our part that necessitated an immediate credit or other action to rectify the problem. One of the notes in the guys account (and I swear I'm not making this up) said: "Customer called because he dropped from 5 bars to 4 for an hour today."

FOUR BARS IS PRETTY GOOD SIGNAL!! GOD FORBID you don't get full coverage for 60 minutes out of your precious day.

So yeah, major league entitled nitpicker.
                        Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 01-05-2017, 04:49 AM.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

There's this wonderful place called "outside" that has so many possibilities!
                          -6°
                          Feels like -22°

When two of the possibilities are frostbite and freeze to death, I'll stay inside and play online.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One of the notes in the guys account (and I swear I'm not making this up) said: "Customer called because he dropped from 5 bars to 4 for an hour today."

FOUR BARS IS PRETTY GOOD SIGNAL!! GOD FORBID you don't get full coverage for 60 minutes out of your precious day.

So yeah, major league entitled nitpicker.
                            GODS above I would KILL for 4 or 5 bars in my house. I am lucky to get 1 or 2 bars at best on a good day

Quoth Becks View Post
                            -6°
                            Feels like -22°

When two of the possibilities are frostbite and freeze to death, I'll stay inside and play online.
                            Well I had to be out in this crap for work so I had no choice.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

To steal line from the Magic 8 Ball: All signs point to yes.
                              Glad to hear this, these reps who promise the moon (and fail to deliver) to make their commission need to be stopped dead in their tracks...

Comment

Working...
                              X