This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client supervisor cut Visitor parking booth hours

The client supervisor at the university I & my co-worker work at as contract parking attendants cut the Visitor parking booth hours on Monday. The client supervisor is the Parking Office Manager. The original hours of the booth beginning last June were 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday & 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. The client supervisor chose those hours so we could assist customers at the Visitr parking exit gate when needed. As of this Monday she changed the hours to 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visitor parking is open 24/7.

A new pay system was installed in February of this year. There have been many problems with the pay system. You pull a ticket from the ticket machine at the exit gate, & you pay at the pay on foot machine located inside the garage. There have been many customers who needed help at the exit gate *you insert your ticket into the machine at the exit gate for it to go up after paying at the pay on foot machine* because their ticket read damaged after inserting it into the machine at the exit gate. Guest arriving at the university for a meeting, a job interview, to speak to a class, to attend a workshop & so on can have their parking validated. But there have been problems with those tickets when the guest inserts it into the machine at the exit gate...it reads not validated. Plus there have been guests who do not know how to use the validated ticket to exit. There have been numerous times when the pay on foot machine stops working or the machine at the exit gate stops working. The client supervisor is aware of these problems.

The departments at the university close at different times. Some close at 5 p.m. Some close at 6 p.m. & some close after 6 p.m.

My direct supervisor at the parking company I work for makes the weekly schedule every Friday. He found out this Monday about the new Visitor parking booth hours.

Off topic:

There is a call box at the exit gate at Visitor parking as well as a camera at that gate. Apparently the parking office staff watches that camera because I have received phone calls from the parking office asking me if I am watching the exit gate for customers having problems. At that point there is a customer needing help at the exit gate. When you press the call box, the phone call goes directly to the phone inside the visitor parking booth.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 05-23-2012, 10:11 AM.

Back to the original schedule

Beginning next week the hours of the Visitor parking booth are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday & 7 a.m. to 6 p.m every Friday.

Comment

Working...
    X