This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Yuppies At The Gym

Say it with me kids....if you hate a place so much, why do you go there?

But hey, I got a special bonus for you guys..........MOM JEANS! *the horror*!!!

I walked into the locker room at the gym yesterday morning to hang up my coat and sweater and put away my keys and mittens, but I heard this loudish yelling.

There was a woman standing pretty much in the middle of the entire locker room, preaching.

Ok, I shall count my blessings that at least she wasn't standing there butt naked going on and on like so many other women there do.

So, this cow in all of her Mom Jeans glory (how can it be comfortable to wear jeans up past your ribcage?) was going on and on about things she hates about the gym.

Why is that so bad, you all ask, after all, you blas, you constantly post stories and grunts and gripes about that place. Why yes, I do. But I don't go to the gym in person and stand around practically yelling about things I hate there, like the sinks or bathrooms or whatever amenities.

This woman was going on and on about how there were too many sinks and not enough mirrors and "I have told them I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES that they NEED to get rid of half of those sinks and just put up more mirrors. That and there is NOT ENOUGH counter space to put your stuff if you are going to do your hair and makeup. I mean, NOT EVEN HALF of these sinks are even used all the time! It's SUCH A WAAAAAASTE! And I have TOLD THEM, TIME AND TIME AGGGGGGAAAAIIIIN, and they won't change it! I mean, most of us come here and shower and change and do our hair and makeup here.....and there is NO ROOM here!"

Then I looked at that woman's belongings next to her on the floor, and it was like luggage to go on an airplane. Yeah, there are a lot of people who go to the gym before work and so they end up showering and getting pretty in the locker room, but the gym should not have to accomodate people who bring their entire home supply of hygene and bath and beauty products with them, as there are hundreds of members at this gym, they'd have to remodel altogether if everyone needed that much room.

What was worse is that a few other women were listening to her and agreeing and complaining about the taste of the water. Um....quite frankly, I chug as much as I can get there, because it isn't hard and full of rust like the water at my apartment! I suppose since the gym doesn't feel a need to have a Culligan filter like you do at home, you have to whine.

Damn those Yuppies ruin my days at the gym so often. I love all the stuff that place has to offer, but sometimes I wonder if it'd be more worth it to go to a smaller 24 hour place in a strip mall than this giant athletic club that caters mostly to Yuppies and Golden Oldies who think it's a country club.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    ...Yuppies and Golden Oldies who think it's a country club.
    How are they spelling Country?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't get it?

Comment

Try it with no 'O'

Comment

Oh. Duh.

Yeah....I think I'm going to go to the store real quick and get some brown hair dye....

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Try it with no 'O'
            Giggity...

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Oh. Duh.

Yeah....I think I'm going to go to the store real quick and get some brown hair dye....
              I'm a redhead and I didn't get it either.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                I'm a redhead and I didn't get it either.
                Let's try it like this:

Coontry.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  Let's try it like this:

Coontry.
                  With a tree up it...

Comment

Working...
                  X