Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a teacher whose maiden name (or middle name, I forget which) was Blue Eyes.
    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
      I had a teacher whose maiden name (or middle name, I forget which) was Blue Eyes.
      Was she crying in the rain?
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
        Was she crying in the rain?
        She was a pretty awesome lady, actually. I had her for fourth grade, young enough that we were still making a big deal over the story of Thanksgiving. We got a VERY heavy emphasis on how the settlers survived because the Indians showed them how and shared their food. I think that's how young I learned that there's two sides to every story in history, and where my fascination with cause and effect in history started.

Oh, and you NEVER threatened one of her kids. She was a tiny package of MEAN when she was angry. The day her third grade daughter came out of class crying because they'd spent a day with a sub from hell who spent all day screaming at the kids for doing things like asking permission to sharpen their pencils, go to the bathroom, etc, and refused to let them out of school until it was so late that everyone missed their busses, threatening them so much they were terrified to ask to leave...the aftermath was NOT pretty. (Actually, the only reason anyone ever found out about it, I think, was because her daughter was crying. My sister told me everything, but none of the kids were brave enough to tell their parents.) The sub lost her teaching license and I think went to rehab to avoid jail. Or jail and then rehab.

*cough* That was slightly long and off-topic. Sorry.
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          Douchebag's response "oh, so you aren't pure, your ancestors mated with the natives?"

Her: "I guess you could say that, my dad was native, my mom was from southern Europe"
          Proper response: "No, I'm not pure, my ancestors mated with the foreign invaders, but definitely not with your ancestors - I'd be a lot uglier if that had happened"
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

and his parents brought such shame to the family by immigrating to the United States
            to that i can only wonder... why he hasn't moved yet.
            i'm sure if he asked Roberta she'd be more than happy to help him go far far away

Comment

Working...
            X