This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Order Generated' (longish)

Warning: Long time lurker, first time poster. Placed here because it's not a customer (that's me!), nor the retailer, that was sucky. Please move if necessary.

Background: I play World of Warcraft. End background.

25/09/2010 - Pre-order Cataclysm Collectors Edition from play.com. I've used this company many, many times, and have always had a good service. Delivery is usually between 3 - 7 days.

05/12/2010 - Play.com posts my order. Squee! There's a shiny tracking order number and everything, so I can see where my nice, valuable order is. (Srsly: £60 now, double the price next year if I don't use the code...) The delivery company is one I've never heard of before, but I'm hopeful and expecting to get it within the week.

06/12/2010 - Delivery site, 'Hermes', says 'Order generated'. Fair enough. I know they have my package, and it shouldn't be too long before I get it.

07/12/2010 - Cataclysm has gone live. No CE, but no worries.

13/12/2010 - Delivery site is still on 'Order generated'. That page has not changed. Hm. Getting a little annoyed now.

14-18/12/2010 - Check daily to see where my game is. Still no change. Sadness. Missing out on all the shiny new stuffs.

19/12/2010 - Game arrives! Yayness! But, what's this? Delivered by a neighbour at 8pm? Note that it is snowing on this day. Poor neighbour. =(

It appears that the delivery company in question came, a week earlier, and went to the wrong house. Now, in my estate, the houses are rather packed up close together, and so to get to my house, you have to walk more than 10 feet away from the road. This was obviously too much for the driver to handle, so he just went to the first available house.

On top of that, they handed my game over without getting a signature.

No signature. The wrong address. On a rather valuable item that will become more valuable* as time goes by, as long as it's not used. On an item that was meant to be tracked and signed for to, you know, make sure that it's location is known at all times. So people know who is to blame (and who is not to blame!) if something goes missing.

If my neighbour had been less honest and not delivered the game (this has happened a lot in this area with our mail), then I would have been SOL as there would be no guarrantee that I would be able to get the CE edition again, although I would have been able to get my money back due to the company not having any kind of proof they delivered.

So, suckiness to date:
    - Driver not delivering to right address.
    - Driver not following procedures (getting signature) to ensure that he (or she) is doing their job right.
    - Company not updating their website to reflect on what's going on with the package.

I just checked the site again for the order status. Still on 'Order generated'. I wonder if it'll ever get updated.

For those who wish to know, this is the URL of the company: http://www.hermes-europe.co.uk/

Oh, and for those who might be wondering if the driver did come to our house and found no one home (my mum and I were both at home =)), it's standard procedure to leave some kind of card to let the customer know what's going on - where the package was left (normal stuff) or where the customer could pick it up at a later date (signed stuff/large parcels).

*I keep emphasising this because in my area there are some known drug addicts/people who really would steal your mail/people who would keep your mail if the postman was being a bit of an idiot and posted it to the wrong address. Understandably, people whom I would not want anywhere near my stuff.

Welcome!

Did you call and make a complaint about the delivery? What did they say?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'd say calmly call and complain - do not back down and do not let them off with this.

If nothing comes of it, contact the company that you ordered your game from and let them know of the pathetic service the delivery people provided.

Comment

lol call them up and say you never received it and want your money back.

Comment

Quoth GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
          lol call them up and say you never received it and want your money back.
          That is illegal, you are either accusing the delivery person of stealing from you or (if they record where it was left) the person who nicely delivered your mail.

Neither is nice.

Comment

I would absolutely call the company that you ordered from and let them know about all of the problems with their chosen carrier.

I work for a company that sells through eBay, and we would adore our customers to tell us when there were problems with the carrier so that we would have an opportunity to fix it.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
              That is illegal, you are either accusing the delivery person of stealing from you or (if they record where it was left) the person who nicely delivered your mail.

Neither is nice.
              It's also possible that they'd anull the keycode associated with your delivery.

Rapscallion

Comment

The company not getting a signature thing is quite common during the Christmas season.

If you get a UPS package and a signature is not required (meaning, you didn't click on the "do not deliver without signature" option which usually has a fee attached), then they will bypass the signature on the DIAD because there are a ton of deliveries to do and most people aren't home anyway. So while a company might have a signature request pop up, such as for a game, if it's not required, then we can leave the package without it... and with 180 more stops to do, you can bet we did. :P
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
                X