Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About a year ago, I took the road test (and passed, of course) for my license. I called to make the appointment, and the person (term used lightly) who answered was the rudest person I've ever spoken with. About half way though, I figured out that she must have been pretending not to understand what I was saying*. After twenty minutes of bickering with this hag to get an appointment set up, I was seeing red.

What is it about that place that does this to people?

*I don't see how she could misunderstand me. I don't have a strange way of speaking or anything. My voice is a little high for a man (the sort where you can guess my orientation after listening to me), but other than that... Trying to understand her thick southern drawl, on the other hand...
    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
      I was talking about AAA doing your driver's license renewal, they take your picture there and print out the new license there.
      My apologies! It appears that my state doesn't have an agreement with AAA to do this (I might be wrong, but a web search had no information about it.) VA used to do the print-as-you-wait thing with licenses, but they now mail them to you within a few business days due to the new security features on the licenses. As far as I know, the only places in VA to renew your license is online or at the DMV, and sometimes (as in my case) you can't do it online, and must go to the DMV.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Aw, yea I tried to look too for you. That's a shame, maybe they will do it in the future.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Ugh...nothing sucks more than going to the DMV...check if your state lets you renew your license and/or registration online. Florida does.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X