Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I find the weirdest are the people who get pissy about someone saying "happy holidays" on Christmas itself. Do they really think that everyone who is working that day is celebrating Christmas? I would think that if anything those people are more likely to not celebrate it as those that do would be the ones putting in to have it off, same goes for the specific days of other holidays but most of the flack seems to come about from Christmas.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I have yet to receive any complaints over the "Have a nice day" I give people all times of the year, including Christmas.
      I just say "Have a nice day" year-round to avoid the problem, but I HAVE been berated for not wishing people a Merry Christmas before.

I just assume the thought process behind the problem is the whole "You mean that there are people with OTHER beliefs!?" thing.
      There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Mr. Anubite View Post
        I just say "Have a nice day" year-round to avoid the problem, but I HAVE been berated for not wishing people a Merry Christmas before. I just assume the thought process behind the problem is the whole "You mean that there are people with OTHER beliefs!?" thing.
        I do the same thing. With my dad the thought process is, and I quote, "They're taking my Christmas away!" [by refusing to say Merry Christmas].
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs View Post
          "You mean Happy Kwanzaa!" with a rude look.
          Nope!
          Last edited by Daemonmonkey; 12-28-2010, 08:49 AM.

Comment

It's actually kind of ironic that people would get pissy about someone saying "Happy Holidays" from a religious point of view. If I remember correctly, the root of holiday is holy day which of course has religious significance. Me I could care less what I'm greeted with as long as it doesn't involve "asshole".

Comment

Working...
            X