Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is that strange feeling from the company?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that strange feeling from the company?

Respect
    Real, honest respect. or at least give a shit.
    After being treated like gum on a shoe at every auto ind job I was at, the one I expected to be treated badly is the best.

So in addition to Gun pimping, I got 1099 indy contractor job. So I figure meh- do what they need for a few months. Till I get more perm work. So I'm a content writer for an app that helps Navy sailors to study and get promoted. It's nice to use my brain again. But the point is I've dumbed down my talk to deal with people and they have been great as I got back up to speed and making great questions. They were super flexible when I had some bladder stones out. Sent a little something for my birthday, something for xmas. Then out of the blue there like o BTW we had a good year time for some profit sharing. Bam nice $1.5 k bonus.
    I have an honest tear.

Screw ever working at a car dealership again.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Respect? From an employer?

Wow, talk about alternate reality!!

Congrats for finding a good one.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

The smart ones know just how precious a commodity good people are, and work to KEEP them around, and happy to do more. Doing so because it's the right way to treat fellow people, makes it an absolute joy.
      The merely 'clever' ones will make sure to drain the most value out of workers before they abandon ship in disgust.

Comment

Working...
      X