Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread reminded me of a run-in I had with a Wal-Mart here. It was over their own money orders that my parents sent to me from the east coast. In LA Wal-Marts are spread out all over the county but they're not many of them like you'd think. They're in the nether regions and getting from one to another is quite a trek. This Wal-Mart I was at told me they wouldn't cash the money order because it wasn't from their store. It says WAL-MART what the hell are you talking about?

This shit went on for I don't know how long. Manager comes over and "confirms" it's not from their store. What they failed to clarify was that it wasn't from their particular store. Now I see [/sarcasm] And I had to be the one to clear that part up because the way they were saying it was like they were saying it wasn't from Wal-Mart, next person please. They weren't getting rid of me that easy. I asked them what difference did that make and I shit you not they had no answer besides it was that particular store's policy. They just weren't going to take it. After being an utter ass the manager asked me was there anything else she could do. Honestly I walked away from her mid sentence and said gas would be nice since the next Wal-Mart is across town and the next is even further and so forth. I could hear her half-hearted sorry but I was already perplexed and thoroughly pissed at the stupidity in them not taking their own company money orders. I think I just went to a nearby check cashing place and paid the %.

Comment

In defense of the Walmart employees, I know from having worked at two of the stores before that misinformation can run rampant. There's a chance that the people who told you to first take it to the cashier at 6 AM, and then later to the Money Center, didn't know that the MC wouldn't actually take the money order or had been misinformed as to how such things were processed. I always felt bad for the customers who would bring something through my line and I either couldn't help them because no one had told me how to perform a specific task (like bill payment at the registers), or had to explain that whoever sent them was wrong about the regular registers handling such a transaction (like returns) and to go to the service desk.

I still have yet to hear one straight answer on the specifics of price-matching at Walmart, since I've heard three different "rules" that contradict what I was told back when I was a cashier.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
        Ah...hi. This is the board's Money Center rep I think (although that ends soon yay!). Here's the unfortunate thing that most people don't know with our money center's: the supervisors don't know the rules.
        DING DING DING DING DING!

Walmart supervisors are there to kiss customer's asses and have no backbone, so they'll tell you what you want to hear.

Trying to return that messed up mp3 player that looks like it's been dropped in water past 15 days? Just bitch about it and a supervisor will override the code!

Purchased a write transfer earlier that morning and the first shift person accidentally typed the name of the recipient wrong, and now you're screaming at me in broken english? Not their problem! They will simply tell you that YOU need to call moneygram (which is NOT our policy) while YOU have a line of 10 people deep, to sort this out. Then they'll slink away without helping you.

Comment

Actually policy now is to do a transaction void and redo the whole send. That's from MoneyGram too. >.< Waste of my time...
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
            Keep a look at your account. Most likely,the money order will process just fine,
            Its already cleared. I will not shop at walmart. I'd rather pay 3% to cash a check if I absolutely have to, or 1.00 for a money order than go there.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
            X