This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive-Thru Line Jumper

This is partly a driving rant but also partly an SC sighting.

Yesterday I stopped off at Burger King for a quick bite before work. I got into the drive-thru lane and waited my turn. Now, the way this particular BK is set up, you can not drive around the building to exit, because the only pavement on the north side is the drive-thru, and then there's a retaining wall and a fence that separate this lot from the plaza next door. Now to be fair, this is atypical, at least around here. Usually there's a second lane along side the drive-thru so people can go past if they have to.

Anyway, I'm parked in line waiting when this green car that I'd just witnessed backing out of his parking space like it was on fire come roaring around the bend into the drive-thru area only to be stopped when the lot narrowed to just one lane. I've seen this happen before, and every other time the idiot would back up and exit the correct way.

Oh no, not this guy. He actually pulled in ahead of the car that was still at the ordering speaker (what do you call those things, anyway? Intercom? or is there an official name for it?) and sat there waiting.

That's just brilliant, right? I'm gonna wait in line at the drive-thru just to exit?

Then there's this big delay. I pull up to place my order and the guy tells me to wait, and wait....and wait....and wait.

Finally they take my order. The green car is still in the queue. And when he gets up to the pickup window he picked up some food!

Honestly I'm not sure what happened. I'm guessing that either he poached someone else's order or maybe he just bypassed the order box and placed his order at the payment window, which would explain why there was a delay in taking MY order. Either way, this is the first time I've seen line jumping like this at a DRIVE-THRU. What a jerk.

Oh, and when I got to work I realized that the guy working the drive-thru never gave me my debit card back (as much my fault as his) and i had to go back for it.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

That was wrong. Skip in line hold up everyone to make your order at the window

check your bank account to make sure no charges were put on your card and possibly get a new card as they could have copied your number and info to use it.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      Oh, and when I got to work I realized that the guy working the drive-thru never gave me my debit card back (as much my fault as his) and i had to go back for it.
      This is why, when I'm ringing people out, I swipe and immediately hand it back. If it gets declined, they can hand it back to me. Its also why my ATM card only works as debit. There's no visa logo. If you don't know my PIN, you can't use the card.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        why my ATM card only works as debit. There's no visa logo. If you don't know my PIN, you can't use the card.
        I thought I was the only one who did that. At least you'd think so, from the conversation I had with the bank when I was trying to get them to issue the damn thing. They kept trying to get me to sign up for the Visa-logo debit card. "But don't you want...?" No, I don't.

Comment

Whenever someone pulled that shit at the Wendy's I used to work at we'd tell them they'd have to go back to the end of the line.

Comment

Working...
          X