This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You lying sack of ........

.... well you know what. I just love when customers lie through their teeth. Not that this one got me in trouble, but....

Internet order comes in with a declined CC payment. I call the customer to try and process the CC again as sometimes our POS/CC processor glitches. NOPE card is truely declined.

I give the customer the total (23.50) and ask if they wish to try another card or would they like to pay with cash. The customer indicated they will call back in 2 minutes. They call back and say they will pay with cash. I ask if there is anything else we can do for them. NOPE and they hangup. Somehow my delivery driver Spidey Sense is tingling and I KNOW I am going to get a $50 bill popped on me

I get the delivery. The guy answers the door and hands me ....... (3 guesses and the first 2 are wrong)

A $50 BILL.

I state that I do not have enough change for that large of a bill.

The customer states with full confidence "WELL I told the person on the phone to bring change for a $50 bill."

At this point I just grit my teeth really wanting to say BULLSHIT YOU LYING SACK OF....... I was the one you talked to on the phone azz****and I KNOW you said NOTHING about a $50 bill, but I state again that I do not have enough change. Customer goes back into the house and amazingly comes up with $25 and says "Keep the change"
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

And yet so often they think we're lying to them. Ugh.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      And yet so often they think we're lying to them. Ugh.
      Yes, they lie so much that they think it's normal.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

It's well known by now, and stated on every pizza delivery web page, that the delivery drivers don't carry change for anything larger than a $20.00. *sigh*
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

The customer states with full confidence "WELL I told the person on the phone to bring change for a $50 bill."

"
          'I'll have the manager pull that call. If he finds you did mention it, naturally, he will discuss it with me'

Comment

Of course, a pizza place that cared about employee safety would auto-cancel any order if the customer said to bring change for $large_bill, since that is a known code phrase for "be sure the driver has enough cash to be worth robbing".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I would have called him out on it. "I apologize, but I don't remember you saying that when I spoke to you on the phone earlier."
              Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Of course, a pizza place that cared about employee safety would auto-cancel any order if the customer said to bring change for $large_bill, since that is a known code phrase for "be sure the driver has enough cash to be worth robbing".
                If only that were the case. It seems as if customers (and I have ranted about this way too times here on CS) assume we have an unlimted supply of cash that we can pull out of our asses on command. and there are more than enough stories here about customers lying through their teeth. and who gets believed???? WELL the almighty customer of course.

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                I would have called him out on it. "I apologize, but I don't remember you saying that when I spoke to you on the phone earlier."
                Unfortuneately my company (like most) takes a dim view of customer confrontations. The customer would have immediately either called the store or the 800 number or hopped on the web site and made a serious compliant that would need to be addressed at some level resulting in not so nice things happening to me NOT the customer.

basically what it would boil down to is a he said/she said stiuation with the customer being right and the employee being wrong.

I choise the path of least trouble and just keep my mouth shut.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                X