This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silence is golden

My office job is at a law office. Bossman comes over to my desk today with some documents for the Niflheim file, and says "I need you to do X and Y and then email <client Niflheim> a copy of Z."

Fine.

Emails are always written down in the 'hard copy' file (as opposed to the electronic files. And no, I have no idea where that fabled "paperless office" is ... it sure as hell isn't in any law office that I know of).

So I go do X and Y and then prepare to email <client Niflheim> a copy of Z. Where's the Niflheim file? I check the first obvious place: the filing cabinets. Nope. I look in Bossman's office. I look in his "other" office. I check CW's desk. Nope, nope, nope.

I go back to my desk, wondering if I overlooked a possible hiding spot.

And there it is. The Niflheim file.

On my desk.

Where Bossman put it, along with the documents.

Thank whatever deities might be out there that it's Friday.

Of course, then I had to go spend four hours at the tea store, including making drinks for customers.

I don't think I poisoned anybody. Probably should wait until tomorrow's paper comes out, though ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

That's me at the end of the day. I'm so fried I don't even know what I'm saying to people.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I forgot to add that I did NOT want to ask anybody where the file was ... I don't remember why, I just knew that I didn't. Hence the thread title.

Apparently I can't connect too well today either.
      Last edited by Pixelated; 04-03-2017, 02:08 AM. Reason: Because apparently I couldn't spell either ... "threat" instead of "thread" ...
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Our office is "paperless" yah okay that's never going to happen when the client is here they just remove everything from everyone's desk when they leave all is back to normal... I come in at 4:30 so most the time I am golden because im not here when they are if theres an off chance they will be here after that they just ask me to tuck my things into my desk drawer lol.

Comment

I've never been known for my tidy desk, but I'm having to make an effort at this office job since I share the desk with the person who does the accounting (she's in on Wednesdays and I'm there the rest of the week). So, similar to your situation, on Tuesday nights I just shovel everything into the larger drawer on my side of the desk.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            Silence is golden
            ...but duct tape is silver.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              ...but duct tape is silver.

Good one! I'll keep that in mind.
              Last edited by Pixelated; 04-06-2017, 12:35 AM.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
              X