X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Doesn't that just sound charming?
    Both of my brothers have hammers on chains. The youngest is a carpenter and they other is a hobbiest black-smith/sword/bladesmith.
    My kids bought me a Colt 1911 handgun on a chain for when I was second place looser at the state shoot.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Unfortunately very few thrift shops have the facilities (or, in the case of the more profit-oriented ones, are willing to provide the facilities) to wash items that come in. I always launder everything I take there; so far they are not rejecting clothing (or furniture, rather to my surprise ... though they won't take pillows).
      The local AmVets shops here apparently do, because everything you buy there smells the same and has clearly been washed---sometimes to the point where the garment has shrunk.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Growing up I had to wear a lot of hand-me-downs. It wasn't until my early 20's that had all new clothes. A good thing with the US Army no hand-me-downs. When I out-grew my older uncles and cousins was a great day.
        My daughters love second hand stores. Sometimes they score valuable vintage duds and sell them on eBay especially Levis.
        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
        X