Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, try explaining to people that some flannel was different than others, and not all on the super-duper low price sale. Even if we moved them several aisles apart they'd walk up with the Better flannel and demand the price for the Mediocre flannel because "flannel is on sale." Or quilting cotton. Oh god, those sales where the worst. So many collections of cotton. So much confusion that fabric even has different brands. *having fabric store flash back* Must go now.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      Those crusty old guys make retail fun
      Sounds like one of those people when I ask what kind of car they have they say "RED"
      Quoth Argabarga View Post
      *twitch* *twitch*........... *whimper*
      Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Looks like Rosco has met some of Argabarga's customers.
      Even worse I made him twitch and wimper.
      Now that's scary.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Yeah, try explaining to people that some flannel was different than others, and not all on the super-duper low price sale. Even if we moved them several aisles apart they'd walk up with the Better flannel and demand the price for the Mediocre flannel because "flannel is on sale." Or quilting cotton. Oh god, those sales where the worst. So many collections of cotton. So much confusion that fabric even has different brands. *having fabric store flash back* Must go now.
        Or in my case, in retail, when only SOME colors of the same shirt etc. went on sale. Usually not the basics, like black, navy, white, which sold all year round, so almost never went on sale. Usually was the seasonal colors, yet that didn't stop SCs from screeching about how they ALL should be on sale. Or the difference in price between a solid and a print.

Comment

We actually have that with vitamins. We'll have weeks where the whole vitamin aisle is on sale (not much of an exaggeration) except for one bottle. That's the only thing people will want to buy that week.

"Yes, I know there are 24 bottle of Fish Oil on the shelf but only 23 of them are on sale. This is not the one."
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Our most recent sale had only certain varieties of some brands...the sale before that, the entire line was $2 so of course that's what people expected. I get the idea of vendor deals and allotments and such, but if you're going to have Brand X on sale why not the entire line (or at least make it CLEAR that the only ones on sale are the ones pictured on the sign)? An example was pasta. Of a certain brand, spaghettoni was on sale but spaghetti and spaghettini were not (I'm not completely sure what the difference is).
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X