Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure how she thought this would work...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how she thought this would work...

A colleague at another bank is being dense. They wanted to send us a 25-page document without having to fax it. (Though, seriously, it's only 25 pages. It's not like it's 200 pages. Just fax it.)

From a series of emails:

C: Good afternoon, Here is the updated tax return for the participated loan of <customer>. Please let me know if you have any questions. <CW> had requested you be added to my list for this. <link>
    Me: <checks link - it asks for login> Thank you. It seems I need to be given a login to view the file.
    C: What we have to use is our Windows Login and our Windows password…..can you try that to see if it works?
    Me: My Windows login and password for our server aren’t going to work on your server.
    C: I would check with your IT dept then. Sorry I am not much help.
    Me: <Seriously?> My IT department isn’t going to be able to help me get logged in to your server. I’m afraid you’ll have to come up with a different solution.
    C: How does your bank send secure emails out to other banks? Just trying to figure out why this is happening and what we can do other than Fax……
    Me: We use <software> for secure email. Our IT department set it up on our server and our email software. We can send emails with attachments securely using it.

I still don't know how she expected this to work. You're going to send me a link to your server without giving me a login to view the file?

While I was typing this, I received an email from her to set up a password for their secure email. So she had secure email available the whole time and didn't use it.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

She for some reason thinks that all the bank's logins and passwords work on every other bank's servers.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Apparently so. I just can't imagine that her situation is much different from mine - having more than a dozen logins for different systems. This level of computer illiteracy gives me a headache.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
      X