Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think Eric Burton's mom made these...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Eric Burton's mom made these...

Had a pair of fifty dollar jeans returned to the fitting rooms. It wasn't a mistake. They were definitely 49.99 and they were in our system so they were probably from another store. The thing is the most expensive clothing we get are the winter costs. The most expensive pair of pants in men's or women's clothes is twenty to twenty-four dollars at the most.

And there was nothing about these jeans that made me think maybe Heath Ledger wore them in Brokeback Mountain, so it's been on my mind a while.

Also, on the subject of women's clothing, could someone please explain to me what a "cropped boyfriend" is? I read it as one of the styles from a pair of capris and I hoped someone here could explain it to me.

As an apparel associate, we get a ton of returns throughout the day. Sometimes if I can't get to the returns in time (because I'm the only one aside from two other employees in a department with six or seven people who goes to get our returns) someone brings them to us.

Sometimes we get things that are meant for other departments but you could understand the confusion. Like hair accessories, or the shirts from the crafts department, or towels and bath mats. Other times we get things that make me so glad we don't sell live pets.

I've found transformers toys, snacks, and a package of Baby Alive Diapers. The diapers are puzzling because even though infants is a part of apparel Baby Alive Diapers are very obviously meant for a toy and look nothing like the packages of diapers we sell.

I said to someone, "If we sold pets, I'd come to work and find dead fish all over the fitting room. Gerbals would be running loose because they have fur and fur makes clothes."
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

I’ve heard of boyfriend jeans although I can’t remember what the style looks like. I guess they make the legs shorter and call it a cropped boyfriend. Silly names for things.

Comment

Cropped boyfriend: Is that anthing like a Bobbit?
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Cropped boyfriend: Is that anthing like a Bobbit?
        Now I'm tempted to make a display. I could include scissors or kitchen knives on the side.
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

BOyfriend jeans are a looser fit, usually rolled up at the bottom. Going back to when girls used to wear men's jeans, which were larger, and usually too big and long, hence the rolling.

Crop just mean they hit at the ankle, or slightly above.

Comment

Working...
          X