This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for saying what I was thinking

Had a customer come up just now, late 20s/early 30s. Ordered their ticket then passed me their credit card, which I pass straight back. "The payment machine's just by your elbow, sir."

"Ah yes, I keep forgetting (that I live in the 21st Century...)"

Maybe I just served a time traveller?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Customers do that frequently at my retail job ... I always want to say "Unless you're going to tell me your PIN, I can't do much with this ..."

I haven't seen a store in a LONG time where the clerk handles the card, but I guess they're still out there.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've shopped at one in the last few days.

Oh yeah, it was a fast-food restaurant, and yes, I was at the counter ordering food for dine-in.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
      X