This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    I wouldn't even trust her with a plant. Maybe a pet rock...
    Epoxied to the chimney so she can't hurt it...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      Please NO hurting plants PLEEEEZZZEEEEEE This supposed scientist could be like one of my sisters --- an ADMITTED unintentional plant killer. My sister could do everything right and the plant would still die. The only plant she could NOT kill was wallpaper print plants.
      Am I your sister? I cannot keep a potted plant alive despite all my efforts. I can kill a cactus. My mother gave me a rosemary bush for Christmas a year ago; they're basically drought-resistant ground cover everywhere in California. You ignore them. I had one in the yard of a house I rented that did just fine because it wasn't in a pot. This one? I killed it in 6 months.

Comment

I have a potted plant I'm actively trying to kill and apparently that is the only way I am able to keep one alive. I've killed air moss. Yeah, that stuff is harder to kill than plastic plants and yet I managed it.

I love how she said "scientist." I'm thinking more, "arm chair scientist," or if she is an actual scientist, she's probably a geologist
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
          ... she's probably a geologist
          Hey now! My dad's a geologist and just because he once got horribly sunburnt because he didn't put on sunscreen or a tshirt because "I'm a geologist". Doesn't make him any less of a scientist!

Besides she was probably an engineer

Comment

I had one person claiming to have a PHD in math, but wanted help with how to figure out the speed of an object when distance and time were known values.

Comment

Quoth tSubh Dearg View Post
              Besides she was probably an engineer
              I've seen a mechanical engineer (who should understand little things like leverage) drive with one hand on the wheel at the 6 O'clock position. She was also in charge of (I was the operator) a certain piece of machinery that needed to be lubricated after every operating session - and didn't want to order oil.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yeah, next time someone tries to defend their supposed intelligence with the claim of "I'm a scientist!" I'll ask them "In what field?" If they answer with a field that has no bearing on the matter at hand, I'll call them on it.

Agreed with the person who said that most scientists will give their actual job/field (botanist, geologist, microbiologist, etc.) to an adult and "scientist" to the kiddies. Much respect for ya'll, but remember that the only difference between you and a lunatic is the lunatic's white coat does up at the back.

The only type of "scientist" that gets immediate scorn from me are meteorologists, and even then, the only one that gets immediate hatred from me is Bob effing Ryan from ABC7.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  The only type of "scientist" that gets immediate scorn from me are meteorologists, and even then, the only one that gets immediate hatred from me is Bob effing Ryan from ABC7.
                  Fool me once, shame on you; fool me {quick math} 5,148 times, freaking retire already, Bob!!
                  Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                  At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                    Fool me once, shame on you; fool me {quick math} 5,148 times, freaking retire already, Bob!!
                    THANK YOU! Someone else understands my rage!

DAMN YOU, BOB RYAN! DAAAMN YOOOUUU!!
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
                      Should have asked her what kind of scientist, just to watch her panic.
                      "I watched every episode ever of Bill Nye the Science Guy and made a volcano in grade school."
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

In the high-tech days, I worked with a lot of PhDs who did chip designs and stuff that is not understandable outside their peer group.

Most of them were on "The List" to reset their 4-digit voice mail password after a long weekend.

I feel the OP's pain.

B
                        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

THANK YOU! Someone else understands my rage!

DAMN YOU, BOB RYAN! DAAAMN YOOOUUU!!
                          I live closer to Baltimore, but get all the local stations on cable, so I can yell at the DC or the Bawlmer weatherdoofs.

Comment

I live closer to Baltimore, but get all the local stations on cable, so I can yell at the DC or the Bawlmer weatherdoofs.
                            Bahaha, someone else who "gets" the "Merlin" accent. (For the uninitiated -- "Bawlmer, Merlin" = "Baltimore, Maryland")

Comment

Bahaha, someone else who "gets" the "Merlin" accent. (For the uninitiated -- "Bawlmer, Merlin" = "Baltimore, Maryland")
                              When I first moved here, I think it was the first Xmas I was here, one of the local dept stores[1] had a "buy a boatload of crap, get a free/almost free bear" I think I had that bear for a year before I realized what the "Bawlmer" on hit knit cap meant

[1] Hutzler's, for anyone still reading

Comment

[1] Hutzler's, for anyone still reading
                                Hutzler's? You've been there a while. Mrs. IA is from there.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X