This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gaki View Post
    The diesel nozzle literally CANNOT fit in a non-diesel car. Often when people will lift the diesel handle which says "diesel" on it and all around it and their first response is: "My pump doesn't work, I don't want diesel." Cue me telling them that they need to pick up the black pump if they want anything other than diesel.
    So they were picking up the diesel nozzle, and hitting one of the buttons that only become "live" when the gasoline nozzle is picked up? As for the fit issues, unless it's a high-volume commercial nozzle (for heavy trucks), it CAN fit some non-diesel cars, but only older ones. Car and light truck diesel nozzles used to be the same size as gasoline nozzles, but when unleaded gasoline was introduced its pumps had a smaller nozzle, and cars that needed it (to avoid destroying catalytic converters) had a restrictor in the fuel filler to keep out the nozzles for leaded fuel. This had the side effect of also blocking diesel nozzles.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X