This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only we leased Reality

Well, the school season is wrapping up and the students are leaving, YAY! Enter the busy move out/make-ready/move in season and I've had some interesting calls/walk-ins.

Call me, but I didn't call you:
    Me:Thank you for calling Reality Inc., how may I direct your call?
    Strange Deep Voiced Lady: Somebody called from this number.
    Me: Ok, were you working with anybody here?
    Lady: You called me!
    Me: I didn't call you, but maybe someone here did-
    Lady:I KNOW someone did, I see your number on my phone! Why'd you call?!
    Me:What's your name, I'll figure out who called you.
    Lady: I'm not telling you my name, you tell me who used your phone.
    Me: What?!No one used my phone.
    Lady: Someone did. That's how they called me.
    Me:This is my own phone, people don't used my phone.
    Lady: Someone had to.
    Me: No, this is my personal phone. There's like 20 other phones in the office that could have dialed you.
    Lady: (argued with me about if that was even possible)
    Me, getting nowhere: *click*
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Four-Plex Drama

K, so there's this series of fourplexes located in the not so good part of town.
    It started back in October when this one lady and her crew moved in. Trash, random tires. Swarms of roaches.
    She was in D. In December the lady in A (unit below D) started complaining about mold and a leak. Kept on complaining about it. Mold, wet spot, won't go away. C starts complaining (C is next to D). C complains about the pot smoking in D, kid has allergies. We tell her to call to cops.
    We discover that D doesn't use a shower curtain when she showers (or whoever lives there), and that's what's causing the mold, etc. We release A from her lease because she provides medical proof that the mold is causing her kids allergies.
    She leaves. D gets slapped with maintenance fee's, because of the damage she caused. Things escalate. Someone else moves into A. She smells like a laundromat. Soap, dryer lint, burnt fabric, and cigarettes.
    New A starts complaining. D and her boyfriend fight loudly in the middle of the night, and when they fight they put the kids outside in the hallway.C says the same thing. Call the cops, we say. We can't, it's hearsay from us. A and C won't, because they don't want the kids to be taken away from their mom. Really?? Ugg. Meanwhile D is refusing to pay the fees, pay rent late and not at all. She gets evicted eventually. C starts complaining about A. D is apparently sharing her cable with A. Call the police! Call the cable company! We end up calling the cable company, but D leaves and the point becomes moot.
    A has continued to have maintenance issues since she moved in. She claims she turned her inventory sheet in, but we never received it. I think D somehow caused massive damage to an already falling apart fourplex.
    ----------------------

Story the first happened a lot when I worked at a car dealership. They would always tell me they weren't looking into buying a car and therefor didn't talk to any salespeople and that no one left a message. Considering we want your business, we always leave a message. Must be a misdial. They were never happy with that explanation.

Comment

I had the first one happen. A number popped up on my caller ID that I kind recognized but I let it go to voice mail. Garbled message so I called it back. The only thing is, it was a spoofed number...to the AFT office in Atlanta. I let them know what was happening and played the voice mail for them.

Comment

I deal with the phone issue a lot. I work hotel front desk, so when person in room blarglebla calls, the number on the caller ID is just the hotel sans room extension. Sorry, I have no idea who called you. If they went to tell you, they can call you back.

Comment

I have had that same conversation with someone who called me. "I had called them".

Thing is, those Robo calls, that everyone hates... They push bogus caller ID numbers so that they can not be traced backed. I would guess that one of them used my number.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

i always find it interesting when residents expect you to be the playground monitor for them. i understand some complaints about residents but ... when it comes to serious criminal behavior it's time for them to call the cops.

Comment

Question: how does a shower curtain stop mold spores?
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It doesn't. But what it DOES do is help prevent water from getting onto the floor. Standing water on a floor can eventually soak/eat through it. And if it's a fourplex, my guess the foundation is open throughout and doesn't have dead walls between each section. So, water soaks through the bottom of D's bathroom, mold grows underneath that area, and then spreads to the other sections and ends up in A's apartment via vents and the like. Mold is difficult to really get rid of.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  i always find it interesting when residents expect you to be the playground monitor for them. i understand some complaints about residents but ... when it comes to serious criminal behavior it's time for them to call the cops.
                  I learned the same thing after my property management company refused to enforce something that WAS in their authority - parking spot assignments. Since they didn't care about that, I figured it was up to me when my next door neighbor turned my apartment into her sub-woofer.

Me: Hello?
                  Police Dispatch: Hello?
                  Me: I'd like to file a complaint.
                  PD: Sir, please turn down the volume, I can't hear you.
                  Me: That's not me, it's coming from my next-door neighbor's apartment.
                  PD: We'll have someone there right away.

(Prop. mgmt. didn't give a damn, as long as they got the rent monthly.)
                  I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Particularly in older properties. I think these were built in the 1970s.
                    So today. Emd of the day.
                    Girl comes in, says she needs to pay her rent. Ok I pull up her account, she her check bounced. Further note account has had two NSFs. Units can only have two NSFs before they're only allow to pay with money orders, in fact I'm not even able to apply a check to that account. I just don't have the Authorization.furthermore if they bounce a check they need to pay it off with a money order. Most people get that. Not this girl.
                    She pulls out a checkbook. "Sorry, you've got to get a money order. You're last payment bounced."
                    "I used the wrong checkbook."
                    I look at her for a moment, sigh, I'm too damn busy for this crap. I buzz a Property Manager to come explain the finer points of NSFs to her.
                    I turn back to my work a listen to the following conversation, summarized.
                    The girl, it seems, had brought her mom along.
                    PM comes out, explains our policy. Mom speaks up and says at different pints in the conversation, "Well she didn't mean to, she used the wrong checkbook. It's not her fault. Other people really dont have the money in their accounts. My daughter at least tried. Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

PM ended up taking a check from the mom, but that woman just wouldn't shut up. Even on her way out the door she kept going on and on with the most entitled bullshit coming out of her mouth. How we should have know better.
                    But not before girl pipes up: "I don't know what a money order is."
                    PM explains. I discreetly bang my head on the desk.
                    Well, lady, we told you as soon as we knew. in fact, you probably knew before us.

Comment

This sounds like some of the apartment complexes in the place that I reside in. Sadly, I know too many people who are upset with a girl who gets the shit kicked out of her by her boyfriend, but they're afraid because her son might get taken away. Good, take the kid away. He doesn't deserve to grow up in a home where all there is is fighting, his mom is beaten up, there's cigarettes, beer cans, and drug paraphernalia everywhere (her "boyfriend" is a junkie who has gotten himself into trouble with the less desirable gang members...)

Comment

Geez, I learnt what a money order was when I had to order my shirts online and that was one of the methods they took. Mum used that moment to teach me what a money order was. -.-
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                          Me: Hello?
                          Police Dispatch: Hello?
                          Me: I'd like to file a complaint.
                          PD: Sir, please turn down the volume, I can't hear you.
                          Me: That's not me, it's coming from my next-door neighbor's apartment.
                          PD: We'll have someone there right away.
                          I like that the phone call iself proved how loud the music was.

Comment

Tenants like this - swear to God they're a total nightmare. Most times, unless you have a long, documented (i.e. logged calls, copies of letters, and the like) history, there is so little that you can actually do, apart from write them a letter.

It's so difficult to get someone evicted. Even when they transparently deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                            X