Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...I don't think that's how it works....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...I don't think that's how it works....

HEADS UP RED LABEL BRRRRT BRRRT KLAXON KLAXON WARNING:

DO NOT MAKE THIS FRATCHING MATERIAL!.

So, background. About a month and a half ago, I had to ban a guy, who we will call Smooze, off of a private forum I run, for basically stealing the entire website of an upstanding member of said forum. General "that's not cool, dude", and all that. I don't want copyright infringers hanging around, you know?

Well, Smooze threw a tiny fit over it, but it wasn't much of anything, and I hadn't heard anything about him in a long while. Up until this morning.

HeroDude: Hey Seraph, so I found out that Smooze bought off someone in the forum, he's sharing Dirtbag's account, so that he can still read all the news, and make posts, and keep an eye on everyone.

Seraph: Got proof of this, man? Sorry to be like that, but I need to see it.

HeroDude: No prob, go look at their site right now, and here...I'll send screencaps.

Sure enough, they're bragging about it on their site like freaking idiots. So, I pop onto the forum, PM Dirtbag to let him know he is now banned for this, that I saw everything, and that this will be publically announced to the forum as well. (I figure, this is super shady, and with a breach like this, people might want to know.

Smooze and Dirtbag are not pleased with this, and proceed to catch me online, and message me. We will now call them....Smoozebag. Mainly because the two of them were messaging me from the same account, and switching off randomly.

Smoozebag: How dare you ban me. You are evil, pure evil, and the whole forum is full of it. you are a liar, a crook, and a scammer. I am glad to be rid of your forum, I DONT NEED IT. Everyone on that forum is an evil person. You too are evil, so full of injustice. You are not God, you have no authority over me, you are not God. I am glad you are not god, because you are evil!

Seraph: Okay, so I'm guessing you think I'm evil. Really? You want to call me that? It wasn't me who broke the rules, it wasn't *me* who decided to help a banned member sneak back in to spy on everyone.

Smoozebag: You are NOT GOD you cannot say that. My god is on my side, he protects his christians.

Seraph: Really? Because as a Christian myself, I was rather under the impression that, you know, lying is bad. Stealing is bad. You know, general *evil* things.

Seraph: Also, I am now adding this lovely chat tidbit to the public announcement. I'm sure your business partners in the forum will love hearing that you called them evil.

<Smoozebag goes radio silent for a few minutes.>

Smoozebag: Seraph

Smoozebag: I am sorry, you forgive me? jesus said that you must forgive, much as he did mary magdalene. you need to forgive me, forgive a fellow christian

Seraph: I can forgive you, doesn't mean you are absolved of the consequences of your actions. You are not coming back to the forum, and you will have to answer for your actions and behavior.

Smoozebag: But it does absolve me, thats what the Bible says. you forgive me, and it absolves me.

Seraph: Dude, I'm pretty sure only God can do that, and even still, there's many examples in the Bible where people sinned, and were forgiven, but they still have to suffer the consequences.

Smoozebag: no, not true

Seraph: Are you honestly trying to say that if I forgive you, that means we go back to like this never happened? Everything is hunky dory? Sparkles and ponies? We totally forget this ever occurred, you're forgiven, you're allowed back, blah blah? Is that what you're telling me?

Smoozebag: yes

Smoozebag: if you don't you are then truly not a christian

Seraph: Oh bugger off, that's a crock right there. I'm not even going to attempt to argue this point with you, you're so twisted in the head. How dare you try to manipulate me with my religion. How freaking DARE you say this sort of stuff to me. Accuse me of not being a Christian because I don't make everything go away.

Smoozebag: well you aren't

Smoozebag: are you saying you've never sinned? you should know, sinner.

Seraph: You are seriously both twisted people. Forgiveness doesn't mean magically everything goes away for you screwing up. And I won't sit here and have you try and manipulate me into this, by trying to twist my religion.

Seraph: The Bible does say, however, that you should beware of those who try to use religion against you, and boy howdy, that's you guys. If you two are even remotely Christians, I hope you are seriously, SERIOUSLY ashamed of yourselves right now.

Smoozebag: you will burn in hell, then...for not forgiving...and not being a christian.

Seraph: Yep, done here. Posted this, and yall are out forever. Goodbye!

Yeah. Weirdest few minutes of my week right there. First time I've had someone attempt to try and twist my arm with my religious beliefs, honestly. I briefly considered getting my religious debate on, and sending him a veritable mountain of passages and examples of just why his attempt was so full of holes.....but he's not worth my time.
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 05-15-2013, 12:49 AM.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Well, jerks like this will use every edge they can find to get their way, and they have no shame about it. There is also no point in getting into any sort of debate with this kind of person. Every moment you waste on them gives them that moment's thrill of victory and delays the needed punishment. Just drop the ban hammer, post and let them explain themselves to their contacts from there.

I just love the near 180 Smoozebag does when you tell him you're posting a log of the chat in the announcement too! And the 180 he does when he finds out the ploy isn't working the way he wanted. They're an idiot and your forum is much better off without them.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

..... That's a whole new level of special, ain't it?
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Smoozebag were manipulative jackhole douchenozzles. If religion hadn't worked, they'd probably have tried to find some other way to wheedle and whine and try to get you to absolve them of the consequences.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          If religion hadn't worked, they'd probably have tried to find some other way to wheedle and whine and try to get you to absolve them of the consequences.
          Fixed for your convenience. Note that their piety only came about because they were busted.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

But but but... They were molested as children in their sleep by Granny's bowl of plastic fruit...

Whut? Still no sale?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ow. I think they broke my brain.

It would have been fun to see their reactions if you started quoting scripture at them.

Comment

*Sets down bags of 5 guys burgers and fries*
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                  (What bags of 5 Guys burgers and fries?)

*wipes mouth off with napkin*
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

She may have forgave Smoozebag, but I don't think she will forgive you.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                      YAAAAAY

WHAT

Quoth csquared View Post
                      She may have forgave Smoozebag, but I don't think she will forgive you.
                      REVENGE WILL BE MIIIIIINE

Comment

Jay, you had better be running right now. Fast. No, faster.

Quoth Seraph View Post

Smoozebag: You are NOT GOD you cannot say that.

Seraph: Dude, I'm pretty sure only God can do that, and even still, there's many examples in the Bible where people sinned, and were forgiven, but they still have to suffer the consequences.
                        See, he already said you weren't god, so you can't forgive him.

(Nor can you pardon him. You're not Gerald Ford.)

And Seraph, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, I'll take you to Brown Bag Burgers. Far superior to Five Guys (and I like Five Guys)...
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          YAAAAAY

WHAT

REVENGE WILL BE MIIIIIINE
                          I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.

I'm really only in trouble if Seraph actually does manage to weaponize her Enemy of Normalcy powers.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                            And Seraph, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, I'll take you to Brown Bag Burgers. Far superior to Five Guys (and I like Five Guys)...
                            Dude, the Five Guys in Blacksburg is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Like, holy macaroni Batman I think I just died and was resurrected with the pheonix down that Cloud forgot to use on Aeris amazing.

But I'd give them a shot.

I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.

I'm really only in trouble if Seraph actually does manage to weaponize her Enemy of Normalcy powers.
                            ::weapons mode activating::
                            ::target locked::
                            ::initiating chaos transfer::

:BSOD

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

::weapons mode activating::
                              ::target locked::
                              ::initiating chaos transfer::

:BSOD
                              Try using a bit of magnetite to assist with the transfer. (and if you can get that reference, you get a pan of my chocolate chip/cinnamon chip cookies.
                              Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Working...
                              X