X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi!

How have I not known about this site???? This could have saved my hubby from having to listen to me rant and rave about about my job for the past 3 years!

Just a little about myself...
    I have worked in retail for the past 10 years. Luckily for me and for the fact that I worked for a craptastic kids clothing company, I was denied a position with the company after I came back from maternity leave. Oh well it allowed me a clean break from a crappy retail job that treated me horribly and now I will have a fantastic job that actually allows me to use my college education and the best part is it is 8:30-5 M-F and no dealing with horrible people who think because they gave you .99 for a hair accessory that you have to kiss their butt!

In my retail career I have done everything from Sales Associate-Store Manager. If it could be done in a clothing store I probably did it! Not to say I didn't like the day to day stuff I did. I loved working with the numbers, merchandising and visuals but sadly that is not your whole day. That is where the sucky customer comes in and they have pretty much ruined retail for me! Them, and the corporate a#$ holes who have never worked in a store and who constantly change stuff or implement the ever dreaded "YES I CAN" policies ( that will be a totally separate thread). None of which ever help the staff, but help screw the store and allow customers to walk all over them. I swear they have a bunch or idiot monkeys running the place! No wonder turn over is so high in retail!!

After reading some of the stories on here, I am just amazed at what customers are allowed to do and get away with, and more power to the people who put them in there place!

I will share some of my war stories here in the next few days!
    "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Even knowing about this site generally doesn't save a significant other from having to listen to rants - but now you'll be able to get them off your chest twice. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
    X