Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    By my calculations, we're in the middle of Third Winter here in Northern Virginia, with the Pollening due to start within the next couple of weeks, probably around the time the cherry blossoms bloom.

I recently found out (thank you random Facebook meme) that Virgina actually has 12 Seasons: Winter, Fool's Spring, Second Winter, Spring of Deception, Third Winter, The Pollening, Actual Spring, Summer, Hell's Front Porch, False Fall, Second Summer, Actual Fall.
    I'm a little south of you, and I'm pretty sure the Pollening has already startedhere.

I've been having massive eye flooding, and that was never part of my hay-fever pattern before, so it took me a while to realize it was allergies. Claritin occasionally supplemented by Benedryl seems to handle it.

Comment

• Tomorrow is Friday and I got mad plans to party with my boys.

(My boys = my sons)
      (Party = play Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch)
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• If you mix condensed milk with evaporated milk, what do you get?
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
          If you mix condensed milk with evaporated milk, what do you get?
          Vapors condensing between your ears, of course!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
            If you mix condensed milk with evaporated milk, what do you get?
            Powdered milk or dried milk.

I grew up drinking the stuff. My mother would make a batch of powdered milk and mix if half and half with liquid milk. It was a money saving act since powdered milk was a lot cheaper than liquid milk.

Powdered milk was to foul tasting to drink straight.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Yuck. People are just yuck and are probably spreading STDs like crazy, and honestly people. ICKY. On a side note, I wish people didn't need to tell me all the goings ons at my work because then I KNOW and I don't want to know. Bleck.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Want to start a war? Try telling people you don't like the Joker, don't think he's funny, and don't get why so many people love him.
                Last edited by AnaKhouri; 04-03-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• /\ Well l just think he's rather pretentious demanding to be called Maurice or the pompitus(whatever the hell that is..some kind of mutant manmal?)of love...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• The exact definition of 'pompatus of love' has been a matter of much debate over the years. It doesn't mean anything as far as anyone can tell.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pompatus

Comment

• Must be spring ... I see numerous neighbours out there sweeping off their balconies ...
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• It's interesting how an email from a friend to "see how you're doing" can turn into a huffy "well if you won' take my advice" when you gently point out their experience with a particular staffing agency was literally 20 years ago.

I don't any more advice. I need a goddamn job. If you're not a hiring manager, don't presume to give me advice unless I ask for it.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• MC, exactly. It's not like you asked for advice. Even if you did and I'm misunderstanding, you don't have to take it.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            MC, exactly. It's not like you asked for advice. Even if you did and I'm misunderstanding, you don't have to take it.
                            I've always heard that you should always take any advice offered to you, but rely on your own common sense for using it or not.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• No wrestling match has ever made me so happy. It was a nail-biter but we knew Kofi could do it! 😁

Comment

• I actually didn't ask her for advice. She's gone on about this agency before. I'm not opposed to working with them, but I wish she'd realize that it's been 20 years since she worked for them. I doubt the same people even work there anymore.

Besides which, my friend had more office skills than I do. She was an admin assistant for years at the same newspaper I worked for. I only did phone customer service/sales. There's a limit to what any agency can do for me, although I have reached out to a couple different ones.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X