Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 12:43 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
Me: "Um ... you does realize, right, that we're going to get scammed all over the place once the scammers realize this is happening?"

Higher-up person: "Oh yeah. I know it. But this is what corporate has ordered, so ..."
This is exactly the sort of thing where you really want this in writing. Otherwise it'll be used as an excuse to fire or demote or otherwise cause you issues.

Old 11-28-2019, 04:19 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
Fingers are definitely an option, as is providing your own. There also seems to be some plant-based cutlery out there ... I dunno, maybe if you're still hungry when you've run out of food, you can eat the cutlery ... ?

You raise some good points there. I can't answer for my fellow workers, but I would always ask the parents, very sotto voce, if the child can have chocolate before offering it. In fact, it's what I do even with stickers.
I carry a set [fork, knife, spoon of a really nice heavy plastic I got at some point in the last couple years, and a nice pair of Japanese style chopsticks [the short pointy ones]] in my messenger bag in a zippy bag. I always have alcohol swabs, so a bit of water on a napkin and a swipe of alcohol and they are good to go.

I actually do this because chemo made anything eaten with metal and some plastics taste absolutely nasty.

At home, for my convenience [again, chemo and radiation was knocking me for a loop and all I was doing was nuking prepared meals for myself] we use the good screwtop plastic leftover containers, and I found 2 brands of 'paper plates' one made using sugar cane processing waste and one using ground bamboo instead of standard paper. Much solider, and using recycled materials is always good in my books =)

If you check on Amazon, they have a whole bunch of options available. We favor the 32 oz pho bowls and the little 8 oz dip bowl, and the 9 inch paper plates.

Old 11-28-2019, 06:27 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
This is exactly the sort of thing where you really want this in writing. Otherwise it'll be used as an excuse to fire or demote or otherwise cause you issues.
We had a written notification of the overall changes. It did mention the price issue, although not to this level of specifics.

Old 11-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
I carry a set [fork, knife, spoon of a really nice heavy plastic I got at some point in the last couple years, and a nice pair of Japanese style chopsticks [the short pointy ones]] in my messenger bag in a zippy bag. I always have alcohol swabs, so a bit of water on a napkin and a swipe of alcohol and they are good to go.

I actually do this because chemo made anything eaten with metal and some plastics taste absolutely nasty.

At home, for my convenience [again, chemo and radiation was knocking me for a loop and all I was doing was nuking prepared meals for myself] we use the good screwtop plastic leftover containers, and I found 2 brands of 'paper plates' one made using sugar cane processing waste and one using ground bamboo instead of standard paper. Much solider, and using recycled materials is always good in my books =)

If you check on Amazon, they have a whole bunch of options available. We favor the 32 oz pho bowls and the little 8 oz dip bowl, and the 9 inch paper plates.
I'll look into those, thanks!

I had this cookbook for several years many decades ago during a bout with cancer. It was great because among other things it included recipes for shakes and smoothy-type drinks that would give you pretty much a meal's worth of nutrients in a very small package. They were priceless for people who had little to no appetite.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Bagger

Quote:
"[Prime Minister] Trudeau has said that Canadaís plan will 'closely mirror' the European Unionís... The EUís ban includes single-use cutlery, plates, straws, ear swabs, plastic balloon sticks and drink stirrers. The Canadian plan will likely include those items as well."
Dear Lord, are people supposed to re-use Q-tips?

Old 12-07-2019, 01:47 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth workerbee222 View Post
Of course. That's why they have two ends.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth workerbee222 View Post
Nope, they're supposed to replace the plastic tube with a cardboard one. The brand I use did that last year, and it can be a little annoying at times if the tube collapses, but on the other hand I don't have to find the heavier-duty scissors to cut off the cotton tips to recycle the tube.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Front End Supervisor

Funny, the ones I use always had a paper "lollipop stick"

Old 12-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Area Manager

Official Q-Tip brand has always had the paper rolled tube as the stick I think. It's only the cheaper no-name brands that went with the plastic tube, and those are the ones that are banned coming forward.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
I'll look into those, thanks!

I had this cookbook for several years many decades ago during a bout with cancer. It was great because among other things it included recipes for shakes and smoothy-type drinks that would give you pretty much a meal's worth of nutrients in a very small package. They were priceless for people who had little to no appetite.
Interesting, unfortunately out of print ...

I did a fair amount of medsludge - 12 oz whole cow milk, 4 oz whole cow milk yogurt, 1 to 1.5 packets carnation instant breakfast, 1 tb ground flax seed meal, 2 tb ground oat flour and you can blenderize with or without ice, or use frozen fruit instead of ice cubes. 3 is pretty much all the nutrition most people need in a day, though by the end I was going through 4000 or so calories a day and still losing weight.