Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Scanning Position goes to . . .

Not me.

I really should have been a shoo-in for that position, especially since I have experience coming out of my ass . . . but no, none of that apparently mattered.

From what I heard today, a total of 17 applications were submitted. Out of those applications, only 5 were interviewed (including Yours Truly.)

So, according to Hot Pants this morning, who tried to explain her reasoning (after letting it slip to another coworker in the office this morning while the three of us were on the computers, checking the morning emails - apparently discretion is NOT one of her strong suits at all, but I digress)

The front end manager, Rochelle, is the person selected.

She works front end and has for a number of years. When I started with the company, she was a DSD Receiver at our current store. She briefly left the company after letting a store manager walk over her - but she came back after that manager left the area) and has worked over the front end since.

Me, on the other hand, was trained as a Scan backup when I came to the store in 2006 - I've filled in for all of MeMaw's vacations - also that 4 months she was out 3 years ago when she had a knee replaced. I can explain how to do the job, what has to be done every day and do it with my eyes closed.

Yet according to Hot Pants, it was a tough choice. . .

*smells a stench that's not coming from the litter box*

Then she went on to "explain" () that even though I am well experienced, that she felt that since my current position is a "delicate" one and that I seem to be so good at it, that she felt it better to leave me there.

At least we don't have to worry about a mass vendor protest.

Part of me is still scratching my head over this . . . she has to be sent to another store to train with the regional Scan Trainer and even then, it takes months to get it down pat.

We're talking about the central nervous system of the store . . if Weights and Measures comes in and finds too many incorrect prices, they can and WILL shut your store down.

Can Rochelle rise up to meet this level of responsibility? Especially since our shelf tag situation is a bit of a mess (as in folks working up new items but not either ordering tags themselves or informing the Scan Person that they need tags?

Oh well . . . the other part of me is going to sit back with her popcorn and watch the ensuing dumpster fire.

I still say it's not what you know, but who you're buddy buddy with . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Mrs. IA should have been a shoo in for a promotion years ago. But they gave to job to a "more qualified" person, then expected Mrs. IA to train her. Mrs. IA responded, "If she gets the job because she' more qualified then me, she doesn't need me to train her."

Will you be asked to train Rochelle?

Got any more popcorn for the rest of us watching the show?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Sounds like they'd rather keep you as cover for when Rochelle is sick/on holiday. Easier than having to replace you (who will probably be covering while Rochelle is trained) rather than get someone trained up just to cover you.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
      X