This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Yes, yes it is. I feel confident that, should it come to it, screen caps and our logs etc would be quite enough to defend us against a libel/slander accusation in a court of law. I don't expect this to be more than a pissing match on the 'net, and it wouldn't have even got that far save for us wanting to defend ourselves against libellous statements elsewhere.
    I doubt that it will go to the point of a court of law for two reasons:

1) other party is Australian.

2) If they are struggling so much with their medical costs and no charity will help them, then legal aid will not exactly be of much help to them either.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
      While I can understand the need for rules about requests for charitable donations, I think it's kind of a low blow to title this thread "Scammer Alert." Is there actually any evidence of this being a scam?
      Given the constant lies and backtracking being spewed by this particular person, I doubt that anything this person ever has or ever will say is true.

In which case scammer is a more than appropriate description.

Shit, taking advantage of other people's goodwill is a scam in my book.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well, I think it's safe to say that they've openly admitted they are no longer reading this page, since apparently they don't have time to read "childish" comments and get worked up over them.

Funny how they made some quite childish comments themselves (for instance, mocking me for "running to mummy" when I reported their posts to Blogger).

I think the chance of a legal stoush now is likely to be zero.

Comment

They say there's no tertiary hospitals in Australia. Funny, Google seems to disagree quite vehemently...
          http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tertiary+hospitals+in+australia
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

There are a lot of holes in that original story that I didn't want to widen publicly during the original posts, but living in Australia and having had a LOT to do with the medical world for one reason or another, I struggle to see how the situation can't be resolved without those added expenses. Sure, it might not be exactly the way our OP wanted, but the options are there. (So I guess this puts me in the line of fire when she gets shown the screenshots of this thread by whichever person is doing so.)
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
              There are a lot of holes in that original story that I didn't want to widen publicly during the original posts, but living in Australia and having had a LOT to do with the medical world for one reason or another, I struggle to see how the situation can't be resolved without those added expenses. Sure, it might not be exactly the way our OP wanted, but the options are there. (So I guess this puts me in the line of fire when she gets shown the screenshots of this thread by whichever person is doing so.)
              I'll be right behind you all the way....

....with a giant arsenal of Nerf guns! (seriously)

On that note, katherine, can you PM me your theory?

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                They say there's no tertiary hospitals in Australia.
                So I'm homebirthing or freebirthing then? (My local hospital is a tertiary/training hospital, but since it apparently doesn't exist...)
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                  So I'm homebirthing or freebirthing then? (My local hospital is a tertiary/training hospital, but since it apparently doesn't exist...)
                  Aren't homebirths still monitored at least?

(ie, woman still attends doc appointments and whatnot, but gives birth at home)

Comment

That depends on the mother - some people access medical care during the pregnancy, others choose not to for various reasons. *shrugs* Not my cup of tea, but everyone is different.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      I'll be right behind you all the way....

....with a giant arsenal of Nerf guns! (seriously)

On that note, katherine, can you PM me your theory?
                      Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for you:

And done!
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Oh dear sweet pandas, he's wearing the contents of our coffee table!

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                          I know that I tend to be fairly quiet on the board but I love coming here because it feels like a proper community to me - I feel comfortable and welcome here. I know that I will be treated fairly by the mod team, and that if I'm being an idiot that I will be told I'm being an idiot. And I will keep coming around because I like it here - and some idiot trying to slam the good name of CS will never change that.
                          I think you just summed up how I feel about this website in a nutshell. I have never seen such a wonderful community before on a website. Even though it's geared to those who work in customer service, anyone and everyone is welcome so long as the rules are followed. Some as young as me, 17 and 18 years old to people who even have grandchildren. That amazes me.

It makes me sad someone tried to take advantage of that. But my opinion will never change because just someone decided to use CS as a secondary money source. Somehow I had a feeling when this person started asking for money right off the bat that this wasn't going to end quietly. But this will pass. Like fireheart said, if this person is doing as badly as they say, the chance of legal action is pretty much zilch.
                          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                            Oh dear sweet pandas, he's wearing the contents of our coffee table!
                            My boyfriend seems to be surprisingly indifferent when I mentioned that

(His nerf collection is huge.)

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                              Some as young as me, 17 and 18 years old to people who even have grandchildren. That amazes me.
                              And that's why I love it here. Regardless of age differences, there is a real sense of community.

@Fireheart: I might be a little jealous We're getting there though, Nerf guns make the best Christmas/birthday presents.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                                @Fireheart: I might be a little jealous We're getting there though, Nerf guns make the best Christmas/birthday presents.
                                So the kids will be bought up in a nerf rich household?

Comment

Working...
                                X