This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the economy sucks...

So today, I found out that the janitorial staff (or at least a few of them) have been stealing from us. So far, it's been money, but I've heard whispers of more than just money.

The building management is working on getting rid of the company ASAP. I know things are sucky, but why steal from a company that has security cameras. It's impossible to steal anything large, but small stuff yeah.

Really pisses me off.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

We had that problem a few years back at the library - DVDs were disappearing, and a few staff members had things stolen from the break room.......turned out it was our cleaning lady who was responsible. (And let's just say I wish I had a dollar for every DVD of ours which was confiscated from her house)

Comment

We had two people who were stealing directly UNDER the security cameras.

BOTH of them were stealing money, check seals, reduced to clear stickers and food.

They both got fired within a few weeks of me starting there. My supervisor actually gathered us around and announced "2IC has been fired, so as of today, I will be the 2IC until we can get a proper 2IC in"
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

What really sucks about the whole thing is that it might be more than just us. There are about 8-10 other companies in the building. What nailed it is that the company on the 3rd floor has cameras everywhere. One of the people I was talking to said that you can't even sneeze without a camera being trained on you. That's the kind of security they have. No one is confirming it yet, but it seems like the person in question was caught stealing from there, but we were the ones who said something first; one of the managers had $20 stolen from her drawer and a few others said something to her about missing money too.
        Random conversation:

Comment

We had someone steal a case of toilet paper. By the way, a case is waist high, so it's not like it was something small.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
            So today, I found out that the janitorial staff (or at least a few of them) have been stealing from us. So far, it's been money, but I've heard whispers of more than just money.

The building management is working on getting rid of the company ASAP. I know things are sucky, but why steal from a company that has security cameras. It's impossible to steal anything large, but small stuff yeah.

Really pisses me off.
            If it's a janitorial company why should you be working on getting rid of them, they should already be gone if they were stealing from you.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

[kinda snarky, so any reply is going to sound snippish]

we don't own the building, it's managed. not our responsibility to fire a service that we had no hand in hiring in the first place.
              Random conversation:

Comment

Working...
              X