This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wth?!

(this could be considered a CoC thread as well) So yesterday I noticed a box of stop smoking gum (my store brand) that looked really weird. I checked the date on it. Sometime in 2009! So I took it upon myself to check through our stock of stop smoking products (gum, patches, and lozenges of both our brand and the name brand) between customers. By the time I'd gone through them all I have two hand baskets full of expired stuff. Some dated to 2008! Did my coworker that recently left (subject of the thread 'My coworker from hell') not *ever* check this stuff? I'm almost positive we sold customers expired products!
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Can't say I'm surprised.

Just before I left working my first grocery job, I was put on damage room stock. There was a cart load of dried fruit dating back to 1996 (this was early 2000) that they had just pulled from the shelves.

I guess it happens, not that it should.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

*nods* I worked for a Bob N' Carls (out of business now..go figure), and found can stuff from the 70's..
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

What's even worse is less then a year ago an assistant manager (that's now a store manager at another store in the area) reset that whole section. Meaning she had to pull all of them off the shelf and put them back. And she didn't notice the old one's with different boxes?
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
        X