This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-year-old man-baby

LOL sorry I couldn't think of a better title.

This happened today. A man and his wife/girlfriend/whatever and their gaggle of children come through my checkout line. Apparently, the man saw a bicycle on the rack back in Sporting Goods that he said looked like it had been used, with mud caked into the tires and the handles worn off. He wanted to buy it at a deep discount.

So I paged for management and talked to them and they said no, they couldn't sell it, it must've gotten put back on the rack by accident. I relayed this to the man. He didn't show it at first but I guess it pissed him off. Anyway, I finish out the transaction and of course, something that they bought did not ring up right. I directed his woman to the service desk because I can't do refunds on a checkout register.

While the guy was waiting for her, he starts ranting about how Kmart is nothing but a bunch of scammers and all kinds of shit. The cashier next to me was having issues with a pair of jeans that rang up wrong and the guy, who had nothing to do with the customer in that line, started in on her, I guess trying to get her to agree that Kmart is wicked and evil. I overheard the guy ranting, so I told him, "I'm sorry," trying to maybe soothe him over. And he says, "Oh, it's not your fault."

Now I didn't hear what he said next, but my co-worker did, and apparently he said, "But how can anyone have any self-respect working for a company that scams like this?" My co-worker was so angry after hearing that, she had to leave the checkouts. Luckily she had a good excuse.. she needed to look at the price for the jeans anyway.

My co-worker said that the lady he was trying to get to join his riot looked SO embarrassed. She told her that her daughter had recently died in a house fire and she was raising her grandchildren and trying to make sure she bought stuff on sale because it was hard on her financially raising the kids. My co-worker let her know about all of the winter clearanced children's clothing we have deeply discounted, which she didn't know about. Yeah, us store peons are SO evil and wicked, right?

I mean I don't care if you want to rant about the company itself, fine, whatever, but what that guy said was SUCH a fucking cut-down to us, personally. Once you start personally insulting ME, saying I have no self-respect, that crosses the line. What a fucktard. If I was his wife, I'd have told him to shut the fuck up right in front of everybody. Then I'd cut him off sexually for a month. The only reason that man was so pissed is because he didn't get his way. What a big ass baby.
    My Myspace, add me!

What a jackass . Ranting about about the store because he couldn't get his way and insulting an employee in the process?!! I would've reamed him a new one in front of everyone and make him apologize to everyone (employees and all) for his behavior since a grown man wants to revert to such childish behavior.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You know what's funny? K-Mart used to be the "Wal-Mart" of the 70's. They were HUGE back then but making stupid decisions did them in.

Comment

"But how can anyone have any self-respect working for a company that scams like this?"
        I'm doing my part to keep the company from making too much profit from their 'scamming' sir by drawing a wage from them, while it's the people like YOU, that shop here and spend money here that keeps the company in business. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

[QUOTE=RammsteinGirl;281473]LOL sorry I couldn't think of a better title.

Actually the title made me laugh before I even opened the post!

But I don't understand why people feel they can cut down others because they have their own issues. It seems they are only brave enough to do it when they know that you can't retaliate without risking your job!
          Lois...its called the Poop Deck, that is why I pooped there.

Comment

he must have lost his balls in the war and was trying to grow a pair by ACTING like a "MAN". Bet he was imitating what he'd seen on TV.

I wish I'd witnessed that, he'd have gotten an earful and being an idiot. Then I hope he'd try and hit me so I could yell self defense and retaliate.
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              I'm doing my part to keep the company from making too much profit from their 'scamming' sir by drawing a wage from them, while it's the people like YOU, that shop here and spend money here that keeps the company in business. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
              Exactly what I was thinking.

What an idiot.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Fucktard...what a great word, I didn't know other people used it too!!

Comment

Working...
                X