This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old CW turned SC!

The scene is a kid's night (99cent buffets for 11 n younger) with Gin, a woman who worked with me when I started. One year into my time, she left. This is two years later.

She was with her kids, talking to Manager C (the rude one) about her old co-workers (I.E. the only ones left are myself, Mrs. S, and Rayban). Gin looks back through the buffet window (pointing to the front) at me...

Gin: I can't believe that little powderpuff lasted so long here.
    MC: Yeah, I'm not high up enough to weed out the kids in here.

Oh hell no. You left us to be a lunch lady at an elementary, you are certainly no better than me. You've also made the mistake of assuming I am still the small, people-scared little girl I once was.

I decided to let it go, with a warning glare/hiss in her direction.

Later on, Gin's brats are RUNNING INTO THE KITCHEN!! Throwing their spit-ridden drinks around! Dropping half-eaten pizza full of cooties at people! Major no-no, and with so much stuff 500degrees and ready to slip on little hands, its a disaster zone waiting to happen.

I corral them to the buffet exit, where Manager C and Gin are talking.

MC: Yeah, they won't touch anything. Its fine.
    Gin: hehe--HEY YOU! Don't touch my kids! They weren't hurting anything!!!!
    MC: UNHOLYPET!! You let those angels alone!! Go back to your station!

She snatches them from my gentle nudging forward, and stands up to her full 5'2'' at my 5'6'' (in work boots).

Me: I will be more than happy to keep off of them, if their mother wasn't to caught up harping about nothing to a lazy front worker. Speaking of, you have a customer up front, Manager C
    Gin: How dare you talk to her like that!
    Me: Back off, Gin.
    MC: You go do your job!
    Me: I'm doing my job by keeping those kids away from burning pizza! They could've been seriously burne--
    Gin: Don't tell me how to raise my kids!

... ugh.

Talk about entitlement. You worked here TWO years ago, do you not remember how you used to scream at people who did what you just did?

The end of the story was her getting free food from Manager C, to "keep my job safe in case she calls Owner," because of how the two were harping on how I was to her, and how much food costs, and blah blaaahhh.

And... isn't WORKING part of your job, Manager C?

Oh my god -_-
    Last edited by unholypet; 03-03-2008, 07:33 PM.

well, it appears some only gargle at the fountain of knowledge.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I had something similar happen back when I worked for the second gas station. One of the women that trained me was an old, bigotted white woman. At the time, the "bigotted" part was more of a guess than anything, though she was kind of "harsh" with "certain customers" (okay I'll stop before the quote police come for me). In any case, there was one part where a customer said something that clearly got to me...

Sucky Coworker: "So...what did you think about that?"
      Me: "Ah, it's no big deal..." *shaking it off* "I don't really care."
      SCW: "That's good. It's good to know you don't care about the customer."

So after she got fired for allegedly calling someone a...uh...THE bad black person word...yeah, that one... a few months later, she came in to buy something.

Sucky Ex-Coworker: "Oh. You're still working here. HUH..."

Uh, YEAH, I'm still working here because I have common ****ing sense! Old bitch!
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
        Sucky Ex-Coworker: "Oh. You're still working here. HUH..."

Uh, YEAH, I'm still working here because I have common ****ing sense! Old bitch!

Like we're the stupid ones for knowing how not to get fired. HMM!

Comment

You've worked there for three years...and your manager still thinks of you as a kid? Even if you are much younger than him, your maturity should be obvious. I say "should be" because he's giving free food to a SC, so he's probably not a living testament to good business practices.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

YOU should be the one going to the owner about your manager, not the other way around.
            S/he clearly would rather fart around with customers than do any actual work, then demean you in front of said customers in a highly inappropriate fashion.
            It doesn't matter if this particular customer was an ex-coworker, the fact that they would treat you like that is unacceptable.

Not to mention the fact that your manager was allowing these kids to run through the kitchen. I'm sure that's a health code violation, and it's DEFINITELY a safety hazard.

Comment

This reminds me of the supervisor old lady I had at a $1 & $2 (it was called Loonies & Toonies for you Canadians ) store I worked at nearly 6 years ago. I was written up twice because of her... She was not that old, but it was clear her "life style" (aka sex, booze, & drugs) had aged her a great deal. She had been married 4 times (working with her, I found out why). She had her one son hired who was a drug addict, and habitually on probabtion. He did absolutely nothing other then stand around watching us work. He always told her off, and she would only yell at him & nothing else. She told our Manager (who was my age at the time & younger then the supervisor) that she spoke to all of us like kids cuz we are all younger. She was one of those, "I am older, so anyone younger can take whatever I have to say, " old bitties. No wonder the store failed...
              When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Totally unrelated to anything at all... just a bit of pedantry... it's "biddies." I have no idea why seeing it spelled with 't's annoys me, but I was just talking the other day about spelling and mentioned this particular peeve.

A biddie is a hen, and the term reminds me of the song in The Music Man with the chorus of "pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little, cheep cheep cheep, talk a lot, pick a little more." While the term is not always used to refer to older women, it usually is, and the most common usage is likely the phrase 'old biddie.'

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

WTF???
                  Buncha b-tches, Gin and MC should be ashamed of themselves. Letting the kids run in the freaking kitchen is so NOT cool. The kids could've been burned or they could've cause and employee to get burned. What would MC say if the employee or Gin hit the place with a lawsuit? I agree with rerant you should talk to the owner about MC, and Gin, I am sure that he/she wouldn't be too happy about one of his managers letting kids run amok and demeaning the employee who was doing her f-cking job and trying to watch out for everyone.<I am sure there were other employees doing their jobs I didn't mean to imply you were the only one in the whole restaurant, doing their job, all i mean to say is MC certainly was not. >

Comment

They're cllecting grounds to fire her anyway. I'm just more fuel in the fire

Comment

welll ooohhh I pronounce it "bitty", perhaps that is why I spelled it that way. My appologies.
                      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
                      X