This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's not smiling!

Yet another thread about customers and their obsessions with smiley employees.

When I was a tender 17 year old girl working at the Deb Shop as an after school and weekend gig, and it was PROM season (oh good lord, that thought alone makes me want to hang myself)....

Well I digress. I don't even need to paint a picture. You can imagine. A young lady's clothing store. Prom season. I had to cover dressing rooms.

Dresses all over the place. Me desperately trying to put them back on the rack and in one piece. Girls trying to bring in 10 dresses at once to try on. Overly adament mothers along to assist their bratty daughters.

Not to mention I had the biggest bitch of a supervisor at the time. Her name was Tammy*. She absolutely hated me, for reasons I never found out why.

After 6 hours of dealing with too much estrogen, dresses everywhere, temper tantrums because "OMG IT DOESN'T FIT! GET ME ANOTHER SIZE!" and whatever the hell have you.....I was NOT happy. I tried as hard as I could not to show it, but it was difficult.

Some girl's mother, who I apparently lit the fuse on her tampon with my lack of a smile, told Tammy that I wasn't smiling.

Of course, Tammy came and threatened to write me up if ONE more customer complained about me that day.

Anyone see why I didn't last long there?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

You would have been written up cause some idiot customer didn't like the fact that you weren't smiling? People complaining about the stupidest things that has nothing to do with shopping.

Comment

Sounds like when I was a dresser for a ballet back in college.

And this was just the men.

Of course, they straightened up when I snapped one night as I was stitching a guy into his unitard and offered to sew his dick to his leg for him if he didn't shut the fk up. Dancers. Feh.

It worked, but I could see why that might not work in a retail setting.

Comment

I had to miss my prom and I still feel bad about that. But still, that's beyond ridiculous. One time, I had a hair appointment on the same day as prom night. It was a screeching bitch fest in there. "You did my hair wrong!" "That's not the color I wanted!" "What do you mean you can't do this overly complicated hair style in 15 minutes?!" I think my hair dresser sighed with relief when she got to me. As she cut my hair, I heard her mutter under her breath, "I hate prom night."
        "But I don't want to be among mad people."
        You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

She's not smiling!
          "She's also not Bob from the Enzyte commercials. What other painfully obvious generalizations can I help you out with?"
          You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

not smiling because you were dealing with hordes of bitchy females expecting the impossible?

shame on you.

gah, yet another reason not to work with anything clothing related; the disconnection between reality and their little universe of 'me, me, me and oh, yes, me.'

that me can take a flying leap to...
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
              "She's also not Bob from the Enzyte commercials. What other painfully obvious generalizations can I help you out with?"
              She's also not Bob's wife, whose smile is every bit as creepy.

I swear some people are not happy unless they are bitching about something.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                "OMG IT DOESN'T FIT! GET ME ANOTHER SIZE!"
                My ex didn't act like that when we were looking for a prom dress for her, but she did have that same problem. She was short, slightly on the big size, and had huge boobs. She must have tried on one dress or another that looked like a good fit, until she tried to zip it up and couldn't get it past her boobs.

"Here's a nice one!" (zip) "Damn it!"
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Of course, they straightened up when I snapped one night as I was stitching a guy into his unitard and offered to sew his dick to his leg for him if he didn't shut the fk up.
                  That just begs to be written into a scene in a movie! I love it!
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                  X