Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a delicious Thanksgiving meal . . . I think I outdid myself this year (did ALL the cooking this year - probably will do the same for Christmas.)

I ended up getting a small cheesecake sampler, which I was later informed by my brother that it wasn't big enough and we need to have a BIG one for Christmas.

I think I got Mom's dressing down pat now - just follow the directions on the back of the blue bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing, but add an extra 1/4 cup of chicken broth in addition to 1 tbsp. sage and the celery and onions. Nice and moist . . . nomnomnom

And, yes, Abby had her own plate of food, along with what was left off both mine and Mom's plates! She quickly went belly-up on the dining room floor a few minutes after I'd cleared the table . . . she didn't move for close to an hour.

All in all, it was a good day off. Just too short though.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It was her first hosting of Thanksgiving. She got help from my Mom and I. Mom made the roast beef and mashed potatoes. Hubby did the Salad. I did the sweet potatoes, chocolate pie and banana split pie

Comment

I took my first Thanksgiving off in years, and went to my friend Photo Dude's, where his girlfriend Miss Connecticut and I prepared dinner.

MC made the turkey (still one of the only turkeys I like, as hers is always moist and delicious, and this coming from a guy who doesn't really care for turkey usually).
        She also made green bean casserole (which I didn't care for, which is sad, as green beans are my favorite veggie).
        And she made killer mashed potatoes (which are the bane of my cooking career, as somehow I almost always manage to fuck them up).

I made the best stuffing I've ever made (which is impressive when you realize that my stuffing last year was so good they begged me to make stuffing this year, AND when you realize that stuffing is my single favorite dish on the holiday menu). How good was it? It was the only dish which had no leftovers. None. Zero. Zip. It was killed so thoroughly, that I only got two helpings, which is small for me and stuffing.

I also made my tropical cranberry sauce, this year with mangoes and pineapples. While I liked it, I don't think I'll be doing mangoes again. It just didn't work all that well.

I also made the appetizer dish, which was raw veggies and a garlic/onion/sour cream dip, which was pretty cool.

What about dessert? Well, Photo Dude and Popcorn put it best when asked about dessert: "Dessert is more wine."

We had a bunch of wine. Oh yes. We did. Though not nearly to the level of last year, when five of us polished off 15 bottles of wine. And no, that is not a typo. Fifteen bottles. For five people. And that's with me showing up late, since I had to work last year!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X