This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duel in the Desert

Last night was the annual football game between my alma mater, the Arizona State University Sun Devils, and our hated rivals to the south, the University of Arizona Wildcats. I watched the late game 10:00 pm ET kickoff) with my friend Little Red (who dressed up in Sun Devil gear I provided her, and looked adorable doing so) and my friend Big Charles, who not only is a devoted Wildcat, he actually used to play for their football team. Watching rivalry games with the other team's fans is FUN!

Silly me, I thought BC would show up with no Wildcat gear, but not only did he show up with a spiffy Wildcat shirt, he had a FLAG. Fucker. And the main reason I'm calling him a fucker is because I didn't have a flag. I DID have a Sun Devil flag, but it was last seen hanging from Lame-o Sports Bar, which closed months ago, and I have been unable to get my flag back from them. Fuckers.

Anyway, the game was wild, with momentum swinging like a pendulum on meth and crack, i.e., back and forth crazily. The first quarter belonged to the Wildcats. Meh. The second quarter, the Devils came storming back. YAY! The third quarter was all Cats, and had BC grinning widely. Blech.

Good thing they play four quarters.

BC left unhappy, which is my favorite way to see Wildcat fans after this game. Myself, I enjoyed a luscious glass of red wine and a gorgeous cigar afterwards, reveling after my favorite day on the sports calendar. And I'm glad I took today off from work at The Q, as I slept in till TWO, something I haven't done in YEARS. Of course, it didn't hurt that I started drinking at 8, and continued until they threw me out of the bars at 4 am.

My lovely Wildcat friend TTAZ, a member of this board, texted me near the end of the third quarter.

TTAZ: "Riveting 3rd quarter, isn't it?"
    JESTER: "Blow me."
    TTAZ: "You wish. ;-)"

So, being the complete and utter asshole that I am, and loving any chance to throw people's words back at them, I returned the favor near the end of the game, after turnovers and stellar play turned the tide in favor of the good guys, i.e., the Sun Devils....

JESTER: "Riveting 4th quarter, isn't it?"
    TTAZ: "Fuck you."
    JESTER: "You wish. ;-)"

I leave you with this simple picture of joy, post game. And yes, I do look stupidly happy. Because, ya know....I AM.
    Attached Files

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

You forgot the part where I texted you that it was nice of the Scum Devils t sober up enough to remember how to play football for a change.

You also forget that the Wildcats have the distinct disadvantage of actually having to attend their classes and therefore don't get to practice as much.

"I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Whatever you feel about whatever game, it's about to get a whole lot worse.

A month and a half of Notre Dame dicksuckery begins now.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At least you had a good outcome. Oregon State (my alma mater) lost the Civil War today. But, the Ducks have been having a good year, so I can't feel too bad about it.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

TTAZ, typical Wildcat, making excuses upon excuses upon excuses for losing the game.

Stop me if you've heard this before: ASU, unranked, goes down to Tucson to face U of A, which is ranked, and beats them on their own field in a wild game.

That was 2012. AND it was 2010.

In other news, the Wildcats still lost the game to the Sun Devils, and my hangover continues.

Wait, that smiley doesn't look quite the part. Let's try THIS one:

Yep. Much better!

Still A Customer."

Comment

I hear what you're saying about being able to throw people's words back in their face, Jester. I'm not as avid a sports fan as others-- indeed, I CAN'T watch Redskins games, because when I do, I invariably seem to jinx them. (Not that they needed the help most of the time, but ... shut up, it's sports superstition.)

When I worked at the wholesale club, I had a coworker, whom I'll dub Eagle Dave. Like the nickname implies, Eagle Dave was a fan of the hated Philadelphia Eagles. He knew that I was a Redskins fan, and loved to taunt me by sauntering by after a typically atrocious 'Skins game...

ED: "How about them Redskins?"
            J2K: "...shut up."

So, naturally, when the Eagles had a game against the 'Skins... I think it was even IN Philly, in which the 'Skins actually manned up and WON, I couldn't resist the next day.

J2K: "How about them Redskins?"
            ED: "..."

Eagle Dave was also the guy who habitually played the lotto scratchers at work, often buying several of the most expensive ones (at the time, this was the $10 scratchers). One day, he struck out on all of them, and sulked about it. Our CW, RK in the food court, urged him to try one more, positive he'd win. Eagle Dave declined, so RK bought a $10 scratcher herself...

...and promptly won $10,000.

Eagle Dave sulked about that for WEEKS. Given how much of a smug bastard he could be, I loved to see him in such a state.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Eagles fans are easy to deal with.

Just ask them how their empty trophy case is doing.

Shuts 'em up every time!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Shuts 'em up every time!
                Ooh, good point. I'll have to remember that one.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

You know... the cigar and the grin? Reminds me of George Burns.

Comment

I can't think of a higher compliment. Thank you!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X