Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since VDay isn't on a workday for me this year, I was going to troll my boyfriend (but I'm pretty close to getting my ass punted to next year with him as it is) by buying myself flowers and posting on FB about "Look who loves me today!", since I can bet you next paycheck I won't get squat from him.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      That's me, Deserted's own personal sig provider. Just wondering when I should actually start charging him. Hey, cabbie...the meter's running, pal!
      You'll have to stand in line. I've been stealing quotes for something like 15 years.

(I should point out that I've been saying "Yes, I am evil. What's your point?" for years, not just in here, but in my every day regular life.)
      Then it's a true Jester quote!

Quoth Jester View Post
      Then there is the happy nutcase route you could go.

Ask for a table for two. Pull the chair out for your date. Make sure to push it in under her. Talk to her about the various menu items. Make small talk. Look into her eyes lovingly. Order drinks for both of you. Order meals for both of you. Assure the server that the meals are perfect, and that the two of you are having a great time. Laugh at her jokes. Make jokes for her to laugh at. Discuss your grand future together. Ponder the dessert menu. Decide against it and ask for to-go boxes for your leftover portions. Pay the bill, tipping generously. Pull your date's chair out as you prepare to leave. On your way out, thank the server and manager, assuring them that you both had a great time. Hold the door for your date as you exit.

Do all of this alone.

Minds WILL boggle.

Just make sure you do this where no one you know, work with, are friends with, or care about has any chance of seeing you...unless, of course, you convince a couple co-conspirators to secretly tape the whole thing.
      THIS. Sweet baby Jesus, this.

Quoth blas View Post
      Since VDay isn't on a workday for me this year, I was going to troll my boyfriend (but I'm pretty close to getting my ass punted to next year with him as it is) by buying myself flowers and posting on FB about "Look who loves me today!", since I can bet you next paycheck I won't get squat from him.
      Do that, and make sure there's a BIG card visible in the pic saying "To: me. From: me."
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        You'll have to stand in line. I've been stealing quotes for something like 15 years.
        Yes, but not from me. I've been known to collect on debts owed me.

Quoth Deserted View Post
        Then it's a true Jester quote!
        Of course. Have you known me to tell many liess?

Quoth Deserted View Post
        THIS.
        Quoth Deserted View Post
        Sweet baby Jesus, this.
        You're welcome. I'll be here all week.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          Do that, and make sure there's a BIG card visible in the pic saying "To: me. From: me."
          My mom bought herself roses once, because my dad never did. My dad insisted that she was cheating on him and the flowers were proof. This is because my dad was a cheater and couldn't imagine that everyone else wasn't. >_<

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So, any updates? Raps? (And Blas, did you do the buy your own flowers thing?)

Comment

Streaming cold. Didn't even try - sorry

Just a bit bunged up now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Hope you feel better soon, and no need to apologize - it was a fun idea. And as the Chicago Cubs fans over here say "There's always next year."

Comment

No, I ended up getting flowers. I'm starting to think he can read my mind, because I was going to absolutely humiliate him if I didn't get anything at all.

Yes, I'm a bitch. And I no longer care.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X