Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm asking her a very important question. Introducing: Mrs Hero!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not the ring that makes the relationship; it's the hearts of the couple.

Congratulations and best wishes to you both!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
      Congratulations!!! I love hearing long-distance relationships work out, as I met my husband online and we lived on different sides of different countries (Canada/USA) - we just got married in Dec after having known each other since 2000.

Wishing you both all the best - be sure to update us!!!
      Heh, I went the other way. I'm Canadian and my wife is American.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Today is the day I fly out! I come back home Sunday evening.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Her answer may have been yes, but when I talked to her dad, he didn't think I knew her well enough. He only counts the time we spent in person. In his eyes, Facebook, phone, and Skype don't count. I'm posting plenty on that on Fratching tomorrow evening when I can get to a real computer.

The whole experience made me feel humiliated, but I will wait before I propose. Don't want to create hostility between me and future FiL before even becoming part of the family.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm so sorry Hero, I know that both you and she were ready. However, you are correct. Don't get into a fight with the family before you even ARE family. Here's hoping for the best for both of you.

BTW..I bought the ring my son proposed to his wife with at a pawn shop, and it was very low cost, but they are still together and happy.
            Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

My dad and mom met over the phone. They worked for the same company. He was in California, she in Minnesota. They talked all the time on the phone, and eventually met and got married. My mom's mom was livid. He wasn't a good German Catholic boy like she wanted for my mom.

They've been married 42 years this year. Grandma eventually got over it, and accepted it. Just give it time, and prove to him that you're good for his "little girl".
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Mr. Hero,

I kind of lucked out in that regard because my wife's father had died some years before I ever met her. I did make a point to ask her mother's permission though as a matter of courtesy.

In my case I flew down to see her family for a week before we got engaged. After that trip, I had their approval so it was no biggie when I finally proposed.

Hope you manage to get through this. Remember: Asking for her father's permission is nice and all but you technically don't need it to get married and be happy together.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

My parents weren't too thrilled with the now-Hubster when he proposed. He didn't ask their permission, and they probably would have ripped him a new one if he had. But we'll have been married for four years in May. I think many of their fears have been appeased by now.

My parents were originally in a LDR, too. My dad proposed to my mom in a letter. I'm turning 26, so they've been married at least a couple years longer than that.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                  X