This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Coworker

This is a much shorter post this time, against my coworker.

I'm scheduled to arrive at 4PM.
    Coworker leaves at 4PM.
    Supposed to wait until I clock in and then he can leave.
    Coworker decides he has to go, leaves the area with Cash registers and a fast exit unguarded.

I arrive at exactly 3:58pm, there are a line of customers at the Register and no-one to check them out , I call out coworker's name twice and zilch. Apologize to customers and rush over to nearest Clock-in station. Rush back and proceed to check out the ever growing number of customers in line. (we have more registers, but I'm the only one on until 11pm).

Coworker walks by and as he is leaving I ask him "What happened, was there a line before I got here?"

Coworker: "I had to go and find someone so I could leave."
    Me: (sigh)

Coworker leaves and I finally get all the customers out.

There is a freaking phone on our Registers, Coworker didn't have to leave, he just went and clocked-out.

Supervisor is pissed when I tell her the news.
    This is not the first time coworker has walked away from the registers when no one else is around.
    -end of story-

This guy has been employed with the company for many years longer than I have, he knows better, and before anyone asks if he was sick or had an understandable reason for leaving...The guy was grinning as he left.

It only really bothered me that the customers had to wait since I don't know how many minutes they stood there after he left, but judging from the way the supervisor talked, he may get chewed out yet.

Ugh, I used to hate that crap. When I worked at the gas station from hell, I would never get time to
    clock in and count my drawer or anything, because the other person would always leave. No amount of complaining did any good. And they wonder why no one works there longer than a few months. How I lasted for 2 years is beyond me.

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
      How I lasted for 2 years is beyond me.
      A glutton for punishment?
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

If he had the phone, he didn't have an excuse for walking away. I almost wish someone had stolen money. It would get the attention of the managers sooner.

Comment

Are you sure no one did, including him?
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Gaah! Almost got into huge trouble over something like this. Co-irker was supposed to do a very important Task and didn't. So it would fall to me to do it, which I would NOT be happy about. But co-irker was so desperate to leave he punched out before I punched in and I never even saw him, much less get a rundown of what was going on.

Task didn't get done and Manager started yelling at me. I told him I had no clue as to what he was talking about. When Manager mentioned Task I told him that was co-irker's responsibility. No, it was mine as he didn't do it. He didn't do it? News to me!

Showed idiot manager where co-irker had punched out before I'd even punched in. I never even SAW co-irker, much less talk with him. Manager checked this out and found other co-workers who confirmed my story. Co-irker got a major chewing out, then sulked about it for a few days before finally NCNSing until dropped from the schedule.

Manager never apologized for his outburst, and I never went out of my way to help him ever again...

Comment

Working...
            X