Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Window and Hamster Balls(somewhat long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once busted my lip and (I think) fractured my nose attempting to walk through plate glass once. I was delivering to a plant and, while I was still half-asleep, realized I needed a bathroom. The door has two door-sized windows on either side of it leading to an enclosed area with mens door on one side and women's on the other, so in my foggy state I thought the windows were openings. I managed to hit it sideways with my face, and the nose pads of my glasses jammed up against my nose, which hurt for a few weeks after the incident, and my lip swelled up nice and fat for a couple of days.

Comment

Quoth KitterCat View Post
      That’s great! All my Hammies use to do was make explorations around the house when my brothers would let them lose, so I’d have to spend hours looking for the little guys. Love that yours actually tried to get back to its cage.
      This was one smart little hamster. He would tell us when he wanted out of his cage - if you tried to pick him up in the main section of his habitrail cage, he'd run and just totally do all he could to avoid getting picked up. But when he wanted to get out, he'd go up into the tower section, and bang on the metal roof - from there, he'd always let you pick him up, no problems.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I am a horrible person.....I fell off the bed laughing.

Says the person who tripped over a box of COOKIES while at the Dollar Tree.

I laughed at myself then, too.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          I am a horrible person.....I fell off the bed laughing.

Says the person who tripped over a box of COOKIES while at the Dollar Tree.

I laughed at myself then, too.
          I have a tendency to trip over things that tend not to be there.

Imagine if you will someone spontaneously and very suddenly flailing their arms in order to keep from falling over, then you would get me.
          *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

*Claps*

Marvolous! The mental image is such a beauty!

What a pair of nutters we'd make. :-\
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth MrPibbsRevenge View Post

Imagine if you will someone spontaneously and very suddenly flailing their arms in order to keep from falling over, then you would get me.
              Try being the one who's standing still and suddenly flailing arms because balance is momentarily eluding you and you're trying not to fall on your ass. Yup, that happens a lot. One leg shoots out, arms windmill, and occasionally, there's hopping involved, all while I'm squealing "balancebalancebalancei'mok!!!!"

Comment

I once went thru the screen part of a sliding door. The door opened to a screened in porch porch and not expecting two screens, went right thru. Everyone had good laugh at my expense and the owner didn't rally care and they never closed the screen due to the other screens. Anther guest had closed it for some reason.

I also saw a lady walk into a the glass wall of a Apple Store. I guess they wanted to get really close to the giant iPhone on the other side.

Comment

People are clueless and don't observe much, which you will find if you read enough here.

I was watching one of those crazy video shows, and they had a clip, well i actually found it to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2jR5...eature=related

This guy is clueless about the automatic door, watch how he handles the situation, because it is perfect example, instead of getting close to it and trying to force what looks like a handle open, he decides to charge the door head first, breaking threw it.
                  I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    Try being the one who's standing still and suddenly flailing arms because balance is momentarily eluding you and you're trying not to fall on your ass. Yup, that happens a lot. One leg shoots out, arms windmill, and occasionally, there's hopping involved, all while I'm squealing "balancebalancebalancei'mok!!!!"
                    Oh oh oh! That's meeeee!!! Had a friend tell me I was cut off after just one drink because of this. (Not that the drink had ANYTHING to do with it.)

As for running into doors, I have my own tale. I was a kid and I was going to my grandparents with my mom and dad. I told them to leave the door open behind them and I was going to wait behind and run through and yell "surprise!" about the point they'd be wondering where I was. I had a thing for making a big entrance at an early age. Well, I waited for my moment and totally charged up the porch and....straight into the sliding screen door. My entire little body was up in the air at impact and after a split second of cartoonish pause wherein I was suspended up against the door, the entire thing came crashing down. Everybody was looking at me with a mixture of and . Grandma and Papa were good about it. I shrieked and howled, more freaked out than hurt and spent the rest of the evening rather grumpy from the embarrassment.
                    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth MrPibbsRevenge View Post

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      Try being the one who's standing still and suddenly flailing arms because balance is momentarily eluding you and you're trying not to fall on your ass.
                      Do you guys follow me around or something?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've only once run into a glass door. There is a glass door between the lobby and the main office of the place I work. It si almost never closed.

If you come in from a sunny day, you can see nothing in the lobby until your eyes adjust because the lighting is just that weak. So I bonked into the door. We have a sign on it, now, due to me being neither the first nor last person to do this.

There are some really whacky examples on YouTube of people destroying glass doors and windows by plowing through them. And doing other stupid things.

My aunt's place had a sliding glass door to the back yard, and she inherited very boisterous short-haired Keeshond mix from a friend who really wasn't cut out to own pets. One summer, the dog had run out front to frolic a bit in the forbidden front yard, and when she was finally herded back in through the front door, she made a bounding hopping line for the back door, which she completely failed to notice was closed because I don't think at any time that the silly dog actually looked forward while in motion, instead looking at the people as she ran past.

She slammed into the door, full tilt, with her shoulder and bounced off blinking before deciding that meant that she got to stay inside, instead and laying slobbery dog kisses on anyone in range.

She broke the door, however, and that was no small feat, since the thing was really thick.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X