This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are we? Mayberry USA?!

Goofy stuff rarely happens to the morning shift crew, but Albert, one of the dayshift drivers had a doozy that I still can’t believe.

Albert gets a call for a lock-out, not unusual, locking your keys in the car is an embarrassing, but hardly rare occurrence. After all, there’s a reason they make the tool kits for jimmying them open, and we all cary one in each of our trucks. The address for the locked-out person isn’t even that odd, 100 Penitentiary Road, Yes, it’s at the local State Prison. Between the hundreds of guards, employees and visitors who go in and out of there daily, tows and services aren’t a rare occurrence either. But when Albert gets there, THEN the fun starts.

They actually open the big steel front doors and wave him inside the prison, through the yard and to the far side of the compound where a DOC van is sitting with 4 guys in orange jumpsuits inside of it. Standing next to it is a flustered-looking corrections officer who clearly is or has been getting verbally reamed out for at least a few minutes. Some of the more astute of you in the audience can probably already tell what happened.

Seems Correctional Officer Fife loaded 4 inmates into the van for transport to a work detail, and then locked himself out of the vehicle. Said inmates, being shackled at the hands and feet, are unable to reach the front door, the only door that opens since the rest of the doors are obviously set in “will not open from inside” mode as you’d expect with a prison van and can be of no assistance. Fife had to call his motor club and request a tow truck for an unlock service. It was all Albert could do to keep from cracking up as he unlocked said van for them.

I think one of the other CO’s who saw the whole thing happen and were giving Barney a hard time about it said it best “You called a tow truck? You mean you couldn’t find ONE guy in here who knows how to break into a car??!”
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Owowowowow my head!

I love your stories.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Owowowowow my head!

I love your stories.
      Agreed,
      Also on top of at least one guy to get into it, there has to be one that knows how to clean the title and make it like a new vehicle.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        <snip>.........I think one of the other CO’s who saw the whole thing happen and were giving Barney a hard time about it said it best “You called a tow truck? You mean you couldn’t find ONE guy in here who knows how to break into a car??!”
        With that guys luck he would find 'someone' to break into the van..............

.......then hotwire it and try to make a run for it!

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I think one of the other CO’s who saw the whole thing happen and were giving Barney a hard time about it said it best “You called a tow truck? You mean you couldn’t find ONE guy in here who knows how to break into a car??!”
          I love that CO.

What I'd like to know is why wasn't there a spare key to the van or could he not find any?
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Well . . . at least he didn't have to worry about the prisoners escaping.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That poor guy will never live it down, either!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                I love that CO.

What I'd like to know is why wasn't there a spare key to the van or could he not find any?
                Ditto. On both counts.

How the hell can you have an official vehicle that doesn't have at least one spare set of keys for when a driver does something idiotic. Like this.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

PFFT! Oh gods, I'm dyin'! Owowowowowowow my riiiiiiiiiiiiiibs.

That's the funniest damned thing I think I've ever heard.
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

OMG - I actually have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.

Just picturing the prisoners, sitting there. I wonder if they were laughing?

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                    X