This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if I am more tired..or angry

Ok it has been a long long day today..and this might better go under advice..I honestly don't know right now. I am so tired, I am not sure I even know my own name..it is Mudd right??

As some may or may not know, I had a bit of a bad luck streak with my one of my classes. First group I was put in for final project dropped the class. So everything I had to that point was scrapped. Yay. I was put into a second team on week 7 of 10. They hadn't even started yet (should have been a red flag)..so I come up with an idea, and give them their part to do...and hear nothing from either of them for two weeks..and they don't show up to class. So I think "Great .. they dropped .. again." Too late for another group, have to do basically everything myself. With only 3 weeks to do it in. I get a lot of help from people here, and on another site so it is not all too horrible..but it is terribly short.

Guess who shows up this week? Both of the people in my group..they have not done anything. One asks about adding to what I already have, I tell them flat out..if you can do it alone, in one week..go for it. If not, this is what I am submitting. I am done. Wanted to add a whole scene after I had to cut two just to get done in time. I was livid. This whole thing is pretty much all my doing, and though I doubt it will get a great grade, whatever it gets they are going to get credit for also..and I think they added two little bits to the whole thing.

I am not going to the teacher about it, not worth it to me, and it will have their name on it, but I feel very used. I also feel horrible for turning to this community to help, and the other one, because I had so little help. Just really needed to vent.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Quoth patiokitty View Post
    It should be worth it to you to go to the prof. It doesn't help your mark at all, I know, but why should the other two be allowed to ride on your coattails when they've done nothing to deserve any part of the mark? For me them getting a failing grade would be entirely worth it. But then I'm also a bit of a bitch.
    This. When I was in my Video Game Design class and my teammate bailed on me the day before the final, I forwarded the e-mail she sent me saying 'I'm just going to take an F' to my prof and explained to him in front of the entire class what happened. And I ended up getting a B for my final grade because of the work that *I* had accomplished. I didn't get the entire project done, sure, but I was open and honest about what had happened.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I agree with the others. You should inform the prof. Some will not care, but some will. Though it being at the end of the project, I can understand why you don't want to. Too little too late, type of deal.

Also, have you been talking with your prof this whole time or not at all? For me, I had similar issues and when I discussed it, I was given a chance to add/fix/resubmit a final product. Heck, most profs here would allow a week or two after the semester to retouch a work (graphic design major, btw).

Does your prof require documentation of the project? Like who did what, when, how, etc.?

If the project requires 10 weeks of work, I don't understand why you got stuck in a new group instead of continuing the project and being associated with a group for help/feedback. Weird to me and sucks that it happened for you that way.

Comment

From what I have seen of the prof..they would not care. Any time I went to them with a question or problem..they always came across as if I was a bother, and taking time out to help me because I hit a hurdle was too much of a imposition

What really burns me up, however, is that I am now weeks behind on my regular class work..barely have had time to talk to Marmalady, and this week is going to have to be dedicated to catching up on all that..for nothing. If not for the help I had received from people like Nurian (spelling?) here..I would not even be close to having anything. I am so drained I think I have reached the point I am too tired to sleep right now.
        Last edited by Mytical; 11-22-2011, 07:06 AM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm just glad to help. From what I've seen so far, college is alternately crap and gold. Hang in there.
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
          X