This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, figured so.

Gonna be a lot of work and headache during the transition. Upper management gets the axe, but the regular employees are kept around. They need you guys. They do not need the upper management, as they're the ones who ran the bank into the ground in the first place.

There will be much headache and some long hours while things are transitioned to the new ownership, but I wouldn't be too worried about your job, particularly as you're the only bank in that town. They will keep you on. They need you, remember that.

Comment

This very thing has been chronicled on This American Life. It's done all over the country just like you've described. The FDIC hires people to be "secret agents" of sorts. Would be an interesting listen. Glad you still have your job.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thanks. I really appreciate the support.

Saturday was hectic. I was able to be at my desk most of the day, although there were often 2 or 3 other people around it. I was pulled in several different directions at once, with people asking me questions, requesting reports, etc. I filled out employment paperwork and had my initial interview for the new bank.

Sunday I only had to come in for an hour, and everybody had everything they needed, so they sent me home.

Today (Monday) wasn't too bad. Some of the FDIC folks are still here. I heard they're going to be here a few more days. About 6 of the executives of the new bank were still here this morning, but they left around noon. The marketing/PR person was still here, handing out bags with the bank's name on them and answering any customer questions.

Many of my fellow coworkers have commented on how most customers' first question was not whether their money was safe. It was whether we still had a job. We've had dozens of customers come into the bank or call, but that's not nearly as many as we expected. We expected the bank to be packed with customers all day. The head teller even commented that she figures that, if we hadn't been kept on, that there would have been a run on the bank. But since we're all still here, the customers are fairly comfortable with the transition.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
          The head teller even commented that she figures that, if we hadn't been kept on, that there would have been a run on the bank. But since we're all still here, the customers are fairly comfortable with the transition.
          That's very possible, especially since it's a small bank.

Of course what also could be keeping people from running the bank is the number of times this has happened the last year +.

Glad you get to keep your job!

Comment

Working...
          X