Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I saw a drug deal take place today...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I saw a drug deal take place today...

Right in front of my Aid of Rite.

Customer (both store and the buyer in this case) is floating around the parking lot opposite the door. White car pulls up, customer pulls in, car pulls up 2 feet, customer gets out, tucking something into his pocket. Customer steps in path of a police car and walks off up the street. Meanwhile, white car pulls into our lot, guy gets out, wanders about the store for a bit, buys stuff and leaves.

Damn that the cop didn't see the action! I would've liked to see an after lunch show. However, different customer said that cops were driving up and down the area looking for drug dealers.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Sorry, but it has to be asked: were they looking hard or hardly looking?
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I saw one when I was upstairs. I don't think they saw me. I watched a car pull up. One of our guests gave them what I'm pretty sure was a shot of heroin and they gave him a wad of money.

Needless to say, the cops were very interested. They didn't make any arrests at that point, but I read in the paper later that they busted the guy in a raid on his home. I'm sure they'd been working up a laundry list to nail that guy with.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        Customer steps in path of a police car and walks off up the street. Meanwhile, white car pulls into our lot, guy gets out, wanders about the store for a bit, buys stuff and leaves.

Damn that the cop didn't see the action!
        There's a very good chance that the only reason the cop was there was because they were following the dealer to compile evidence. If the buyer walked across in front of the cop, then they'll be caught on the dash cam, too.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          Right in front of my Aid of Rite.

Customer (both store and the buyer in this case) is floating around the parking lot opposite the door. White car pulls up, customer pulls in, car pulls up 2 feet, customer gets out, tucking something into his pocket. Customer steps in path of a police car and walks off up the street. Meanwhile, white car pulls into our lot, guy gets out, wanders about the store for a bit, buys stuff and leaves.
          It is possible (I know, not probable) that it wasn't a drug deal. One of these days I know I'm gonna get questioned cause I look so suspicious. I've been doing a spring cleaning/downsizing for the past six months or so, putting lots of stuff up on Craigs List (mainly craft supplies). Sometimes I have people come by the house to pick stuff up, but if they're the least bit uncomfortable, or if I am, or for various other reasons, often I meet them in a public place instead. Easiest place is a huge supermarket at the nearest large intersection. Well lit, easy to find from any direction, lots of parking, and they even have an easy place to pinpoint within the parking lot to meet, the kiosk where you return bottles to a machine to get your deposit money back.

So every few days I'm there, pulling in, looking for a specific car, handing over a package (sometimes small) for money..... once it was pouring down rain, no one around, the other person pulled in the opposite direction and we both rolled down our windows and made the exchange - boy did I expect the cops to swoop in that night!

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
          X