This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tongue Lady.

This is a customer I've seen a few times before (ok, at least once), and she came in, wanting to exchange a pair of slippers. She must have had a stroke of some sort because her leg was twisted out horribly to the side and her tongue kept lolling out.

"These are too big for my feet."

"Ok, if you have a license with you, that'll be fine, then."

"Oh! I don't have my license with me, may I make my daughter get it? *slimy pink tongue lolling about*"

"Sure." And I wait a minute while she limps away and comes back, daughter in tow.

At Aid of Rite, if customer doesn't have a receipt, we need their license. And if the item has been sold at a lower price within the last 30 days, the customer gets that price, despite what they paid originally.

"Ok, you've got $3.99 for the slippers, plus a can of coffee and a peanut butter bar? $4.70 please."

"*stare, slimy pink tongue squirming* How much?"

"$4.70."

"But I paid $6.99 for the slippers."

"Yes, well, unfortunately since you don't have the receipt, we will have to give you the lowest selling price. So if the slippers were buy one get one half, you'd get the $3.99, not the $6.99."

"Oh, that doesn't make sense. *slimy pink tongue wriggling* Why does that happen?"

"It's part of our new policy."

"Ok, take out the bar. *slimy pink tongue flapping around* How much?"

"$1.80."

"Ok. *expectant stare, slimy pink tongue doing its best fish out of water impression*

"...$1.80, please?"

"*slimy pink tongue writhing* Oh...I don't have it..."

"Oh, that's too bad."

"I think I'll keep the slippers and take the issue up with Awesome Manager. *slimy pink tongue wagging its tail*"

"Ok, expect Awesome Manager doesn't work here anymore, unfortunately. You have a good night and I'm sorry."

*leaves*

Poor woman...=/
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

How did she manage to talk with her tongue hanging out?

Comment

Tongue kept sliding in when she had to talk but then couldn't be kept in her mouth long enough and immediately popped back out and wraggled around while she tried to pull it back in. Thank god she didn't need her fingers to pull it in.

Again: poor woman.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Moved to General Work Chat, since there wasn't anything about her behaviour that sucked.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
        X