X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joy of joys

I am so looking forward to today */sarcasm
    Today we get to deal with a center wide softphone update... this means that we will be moving stations all day. And once updated no station can be restarted.
    This causes two problems.
    First, everytime you move to a new station your ASR profile starts from scratch so your accuracy goes to shit. (ASR or Automated Speech Recognition is the system we use to do the mass of our typing for us... my manual typing speed is 77 words per minute, 96% accuracy, my ASR speed is 220 words per minute with 97% accuracy and I have pushed myself to 250 words per minute with 93% accuracy). So all day today we will be dealing with slowdowns from having to fix mistakes... and having to go slower in general because they won't be trained to our specific voice. Added bonus with not being able to restart computers... if one crashes we have no choice but to move again... also, the only way to change a log in is by restarting the computer... so while I can still set my interpreter number in the actually client software, I am going to be using shared logons all day for the computer (which means hello fracked up efficiency scores).
    I'm just waiting to show up and see the on screen notification that the automated hand-off system is down... oh what joy that will be having to switch stations everytime a person connects to me and needs either a spanish speaker or a female interpreter (and of course, once again, hello fracked up efficiency scores).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I'd ask why they even include efficiency scores on days when they have computer issues like this, but I already know the answer...

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, I have to say, the transition went incredibly smoothly... that said... it was all for a 1.4% improvement in call quality...
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X