Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of supernatural collective nouns.

http://wondermark.com/c/2009-10-30-566nouns.gif

List of supernatural collective nouns.

We all know that if you have more than one crow it's a "murder of crows". but what about demons, or unicorns?

well now we know!
    apparently it's a... legion of demons and a ... fondle (?) of unicorns?

lol

I'd never heard of a "jake of Jedi" before. Very cool chart!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

oh hay.
      I could use this.
      ... what? I write!
      EDIT: there's only one Wendigo! Not to mention some of the other singulars... geeze. Baba Yaga is a person's name! And it's The Jersey Devil! ... *cough*
      Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 09-25-2010, 02:59 AM.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Actually, the terms for a group of unicorns is a glory of unicorns, or a blessing of unicorns. XD

Comment

Y'know, I think a strong case might be made for cultural interpretations of 'groupings' and the animal itself. I wonder what groupings for certain animals are in different languages and cultures-- after all, I know that swans have a different semiotic interpretation in Eastern Europe as opposed to England-- or possibly even Wales or Scotland.
          ... I need to learn Welsh so I can figure this type of shit out. Or Polish. Polish would be awesome.
          EDIT: What I meant to say is-- "blessing" and/or "glory" of unicorns comes from Medieval times, when unicorns were interpreted (explicitly, I'm sure some peasants picked up on the Freudian implications) to 'mean' Jesus Christ, whereas today some people are all cynical and stuff and go more with the Freudian explanations-- horn+virgin+forest= (not virgin)(why unicorns like teh ladies).
          Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 09-25-2010, 05:20 PM.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
          X